Focus + 32gb sandisk class2 = 15mb storage no at&t apps, HELP!!!

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Focus + 16gb sandisk class2 = 15mb storage no at&t apps, HELP!!!

Samsung focus worked properly for day with the 16gb card and then hard reset to a factory setting without at&t apps and 15mb of memory. I have tried every which way of hard and soft resets that you all seem to post on these type of problems. I have reset using the 3 button press format, holding down the power button, settings > about > reset phone etc, and every which way combo of these.

All options bring back to where i started with 15 mb total storage. How do you get the phone to reinitialize so i can start fresh since i clearly should not have used a 16gb card.

Last edited:

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
You can take out the card and reformat the device. I think the key stroke is power+bottom volume +camera.

I would recommend using the Samsung 16gb class 2 sd card. Got mine for $20 on eBay after trying the same 32gb SanDisk you did. Has worked flawlessly for over a month now

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you try the hard reset via the phone settings? I don't know what else to tell you. I had the same problem when using the 32gb card and a reset/reformat fixed everything.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have tried both the in phone menu hard reset and the 3 button reset many times with the card in and out and sim card in and out. Also yes i have had the phone pluged in.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Not once have you explained what the phone does when you try the key combination to reset the phone...

With the phone OFF, and in the following order: hold the volume down, camera, and power button to turn the phone on. Do not release any of the buttons and you should see a format screen visible. If not, what happens?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
when i do the three button format, it resets the phone. Most times it freezes on the samsung screen and it needs another reset before returning to its gimped no memory no functionality state.

Sometimes a picture of "plug into computer" comes up, but when plugged into cpu zune software says it cannot use the device or something not useful. I cannot remember if the format ever went through without a freeze, it may have as its been over a month of resets. Either way if it did it never worked.

Does this suggest any solutions?

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
when i do the three button format, it resets the phone. Most times it freezes on the samsung screen and it needs another reset before returning to its gimped no memory no functionality state.

Sometimes a picture of "plug into computer" comes up, but when plugged into cpu zune software says it cannot use the device or something not useful. I cannot remember if the format ever went through without a freeze, it may have as its been over a month of resets. Either way if it did it never worked.

Does this suggest any solutions?

iirc when doing the three button reset, it should come up with a screen asking you to reformat or reset the device, you then push the start key twice and it should reset the phone...

i think there is a download mode that you can accidentally get to if you don't do the key combination just right.

dsnyder336

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it is the brand of memory card. I had 2 different cards give me almost the same problem but when removed there is no problem. I am currently purchasing my 3rd memory card for my phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon