HELP Please, at least tell me i'm screwed!

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey I put up a post and no one seems to be able to help me curious if you can:

I put a 32gb micro sd card class 2 sandisk into a samsung focus and it is now stuck on 15mb memory (not a new problem to this forums).

Everyone's solution on this forum is to reset the phone and start over, however its been a month now and no single reset has changed the phone from 15mb back to 8gb. There are no at&t apps either the phone is bare and can only make calls pretty much.

I have done both resets in many combinations of plugged and not plugged in. I have done the 3 button reset and the menu reset. Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Then it's probably your SD card that's the problem. Replace with another until you find one that works. That's pretty much the danger with using an SD card. It's a hit and miss. I'm sure you've already read that WP7 was not meant to use an SD card?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The card is already removed as it would not reformat.

Are you suggesting that putting a new card in and reformating will help?

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
WP7 Geeks Don't Want To Lose You

I don't really have a good answer, but I hope you get it resolved somehow. What I would do is contact AT&T and explain the problem. Of course you should be able to get a replacement if it's been less than 30 days, but even after that, they should help you. Explain to them your problem and that you don't want to leave AT&T and WP7, but that you may be forced to if it isn't resolved. Your issue seems to call for extra attention from higher up.

Good luck!

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
If the resets don't help then sadly it looks like the microSD card is screwed up. I had that same card in my Focus (Sandisk 32GB class 2) and it worked fine, well it did have random reboots but, other than that it worked for about 3 months. Then almost 2 weeks ago it reboot and the phone wouldn't boot. It just sat at the "Samsung" screen.

I recently received a Patriot 32GB Class 10 and I've gone 4 days without any reboot at all. Looking good so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes