Anyone swap their sim frequently?

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone do this w/their Focus & another device(s) often? If so,

- what other device(s)?
- any issues, caveats?
- how is the Focus' rear cover holding up from the frequent opening/closing?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey

i dotn relly switch my sim in and out.. but

the focus rear cover is kinda weak , i broke a PIN on the back the fisr time i pulled the cover and tryed to put it back in..

so i suggest being carefull :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Normally switch out my SIM cards on two phones (wife & I) about twice a year. Nokia N8, Treo Pro, Treo 750. Sometimes you have to enter an APN number. Samsung should have a Connection Setup program to do that for you on WP7. Of course make sure your phone is unlocked.

Haven't had any problems or issues.

gdubyacobb

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I switch mine out fairly often.
I use Vodafone in Europe, Rogers in Canada and Optus in Australia.
The network profile app is great I haven't had to manually set any apns.
My only complaint is that the favorites in IE disappear.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. My Focus is now a talk/text pay-as-u-go & WiFi only device. :)

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I pull my cover off 4 to 5 times a week to pop in a fresh battery, and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I've been doing this for 3 months, and it snaps in as tightly and easily as when new. At first, I thought I had to be careful with the cover, but now I don't even think about it. It's still kind of a hassle to remove it, but replacing it is a snap -or snaps. I plan to pick up a Blackberry soon and I have no concerns about switching SIMs in and out.

soomuch

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I switch my SIM all the time due to using two different phones, one for my work and another for my personal use. I would say i do that switch about 5 times a week. I switch the SIM between two devices. My Samsung Focus "WP7" and HTC Inspire "Android". I have no issues with removing the Focus's back cover as i got the process of removing it down to a science. I hope this help.

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I broke the SIM slot

I broke the SIM slot of my Focus the second time I put in my iPhone 4's micro SIM using an adapter. When trying to remove the micro sim & adapter from the Focus, the micro SIM fell out before the adapter came all the way out, and two of the SIM slot pins got caught on the adapter. Removing the adapter broke the two pins.

I have a replacement daughterboard with SIM slot on the way, and will try to repair the Focus (it's a cool device!).

Does anyone know of a good microSIM to SIM adapter what will really hold the micro SIM well and not let it fall out of the adapter?

I need to swap between several phones, which all take micro SIM....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes