Compass accuracy

Strixan

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I?m quite concerned about compass accuracy on my Omnia 7. Sometimes it showed accurate heading but I always had to check it with regular compass. However when I made 90deg turn, compass changed heading by 10 to 20 deg or even remained still. I?ve noticed this behavior while running 7.0 and mango beta. So I just ignored it for the time being and hoped that it will improve in Mango final.

Actually it got even worse. Diags showing just XYZ values but no actual heading. I?ve tried some apps from Marketplace. Specifically BeCompass and Compass-VO. BeCompass showed something, but nothing trustworthy and Compass-VO didn?t pass through calibration no matter how I tried to write 8 figure.

I?ve seen couple videos on youtube and saw how compasses on other phones (mostly HTCs) reacting to change of direction. It was like watching real compass. That is giving me a feeling that something is wrong with mine phone.

Does anybody have same issue or does anybody have an idea if it?s a hardware or software issue, because right now I?m thinking about making a RMA ticket.

pajser

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. Omnia 7 compass calibration not working. I have a feiling I didn't get the latest firmware with mango update.

farcas.claudiu

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Compass-VO update

Hi!

Please note that Compass VO has released a fix update that would allow calibration without issues.
As for Omnia 7, I own one and sometimes you have to "force" the 8 movements a bit in order to have it calibrated. Otherwise.. it points North correctly.. and you guess already... Compass VO is my favorite compass app because it allows you to set a topographic map in background and because it remembers your settings between usages.
Really awesome!

Regards,
Clody

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes