Old Samsung Now tile

rubenv

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hy guys,
I had to reset my Omnia 7 to change the Windows Live ID (from .com to .nl) to use the Dutch Marketplace .
After resetting I saw that I have Samsung Now 2.7.0.1. but no new (live) tile, but the old tile. Itried several times to install and uninstall Now but no effect.

I run the latest firmware and Mango (7720) .

Hope somone out ther can help me. It's annoying....

Kind regards,
Ruben

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

That's a strange one rubenv.

That's the latest Mango version rubenv, have you tried long holding the Now app (in your app list) and pinning it to your home screen again ?

Pop into settings and make sure you have weather ticked to enable the live tile.
(3 screens to the right of the first screen you see after loading the app, settings is at the bottom)

Sections / Then pan right to Live Tile

No idea why you should be seeing the old tile if you have uninstalled the app previously.

Welcome along to WPC. :)

Last edited:

rubenv

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! TheWeebear,
Indeed I tried to uninstall the tile and install it again. I also checked the settings and everything you mentioned, but I don't get rid of that tile (with coffeecup). The one before Mango... It's rediculous :)

But anyway thx again for your quick reaction.

Kind regards,
Ruben

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's so strange rubenv, don't understand that at all. Not sure what else to suggest to be honest.

Resetting your phone might work, but it's a bit drastic.

Have you actually uninstalled the app from the app list not just unpinned the live tile ?

Then reinstall it from the Samsung Zone.

rubenv

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi TheWeebear,
Yes I did install it from the Samsung Zone. Nothing help I gueass.
Indeed I won't reset my phone again. It's to drastic....

Maybe another update will help...

Thx again!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's so annoying rubenv, sorry, I'm just as mystified as you. Hopefully things sort themselves out soon for you. Let us know if you manage to fix it and what you did. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled the now app to see if i could duplicate your problem rubenv and i now have the old tile too. Don't do anything drastic as something is definately wrong at Samsungs end. My now tile didn't update at all today.

At least we both have a broken old now tile rubenv lol

Last edited:

rubenv

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for trying and testing.
I am sorry I've got you into this, but now we know it's a stupid bug at Samsungs :)

Ruben

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for trying and testing.
I am sorry I've got you into this, but now we know it's a stupid bug at Samsungs :)

Ruben
No problem rubenv, just wanted to let you know the problem isn't with you.

It looks like they have messed up their live tile updates by using the old non live tile if that makes any sense.

I'm sure they will realise sometime and fix it.

I'll post again when I get a fix or update. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad it is working with you again WeeBear. I tried uninstalling and installing again. Sam error...
Oh no! I thought yours would have been working again too because I had the old coffee cup tile too.

That's weird rubenv. :(

I just checked mine again and the tile updated after i went into the app. (It sometimes does that)

rubenv

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey WeeBear,
Thaks again man!.
I just resetted my phone and tried connected it to my .com liveid. That didn't make any difference. Then I put back a backup (made at the mango update) and then I have back the right tle, but also the .com liveid connection and that's what I want to cahnge.

So it seems that if you reset the phone you stick with the old tile.

It looks like a registry setting or something like that...

To be honest I am ot of options...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear what a carry on you're having rubenv. Just use The Weather Channel or Accuweather apps instead LOL.

Would love to know why your old tile didn't update when mine did. You did remember to enable it in settings I hope ? ;)

rubenv

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I did. It's a strange thing. I can use indeed Accuweather or the Weatther channel, but I like the Samsug Now app. It gives me all the info I wanted in one app...

There would also be no problem if you just could change your liveid without resetting the phone...

rubenv

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey WeeBear,
Everything solved! It's working perfectly. It took 9 hours for Samsung to show the live tile but now it's working. Unbelievable, but true.

Thanks for all your time and actions!

Regards,
Ruben

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey WeeBear,
Everything solved! It's working perfectly. It took 9 hours for Samsung to show the live tile but now it's working. Unbelievable, but true.

Thanks for all your time and actions!

Regards,
Ruben
Aw you're very welcome rubenv, just a pity you had to go through all that carry on.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Glad you got everything fixed up eventually.

Great news, thanks for letting me know. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes