My Thoughts On Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149 (So Far)

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I personally don't like the sliders (for vol, brightness etc) as they still feel incomplete.
On/off toggle buttons don't look good for me. [8.1 was way better ]
Icons in these mobile builds are not really made attractive [Again 8.1 were way better] I agree that it has to be changed BUT such "clumsy" look! They cud hv come with something great.
And also I feel they had left a lot of space un-used.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding the slow ring update at bay for my Icon. I've done all the builds since the start of TP10. I'd go a few days with it on then eventually revert back to 8.1. My gripe would be that there's no cellular toggle and and can't really customize the notification center with the toggles you want. I did like the new map(10136, I think) system on there, I use it all the time for work, and was far more accurate than 8.1. It was mainly for checking address that weren't on homes or out in the country. The apps I like to use, audiotica, doesn't jive with tp10 and I already notified them about that and I hate having to re download all my songs again and again and again. The layouts have gotten better and better over the builds. Like the pin screen going over the lock screen. Along with crashing apps often but I can always revert to 8.1, so now I just read up on how the build are going before I wanna get it.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I personally don't like the sliders (for vol, brightness etc) as they still feel incomplete.
On/off toggle buttons don't look good for me. [8.1 was way better ]
Icons in these mobile builds are not really made attractive [Again 8.1 were way better] I agree that it has to be changed BUT such "clumsy" look! They cud hv come with something great.
And also I feel they had left a lot of space un-used.

I prefer the sliders to toggles or just numbers. They're smoother and more visually appealing. They're also better for precise control for things like brightness.
The on/off toggles don't look great but I think they still look better than Windows Phone 8.1 I'd prefer it if the circles inside the pill toggles were a tad bigger.
Icons do have to update more but they're not terrible. They're just not cohesive.
That's because they made fonts and such smaller and more "compact."

sufran

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the sliders to toggles or just numbers. They're smoother and more visually appealing. They're also better for precise control for things like brightness.

I mean the look not usability. The look of the sliders in wp8.1 were way better. It feels something still incomplete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb