Switch from SGS2 to ominia 7. Worth It?

Flippzii

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks!
I'm currently an owner of an sgs2 and I'm looking forward to wp8 but I want to try out the os earlier! So I'm wondering, is it worth it to switch from a sgs2 to ominia 7? Totally honest now guys, does the ominia 7 lag more than the 2nd Gen of Windows Phones like the lumia 900? And what are the differences you think I will be unsatisfied with if I switch?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The Omnia 7 is a very fine phone. Lag should not be a problem, all WP7 phones are buttery smooth (at least as long as you stay in the OS, 3rd party apps are a different story).

But it all depends on what you expect from your phone and which applications you use.

Flippzii

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Check out my present thread "unsure android user. Help!" in that thread I've explained what I expect.

Flippzii

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
But the thing is I'm wondering will it be a downgrade instead of an upgrade? I mean, the ominia is a first gen that came out 1 year before the sgs2. I really like wp but it feels like the hardware won't keep up with future games and such. Or am I wrong?

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If you want a WP device that is future proof, then you have to wait for WP8. Keep the S2 (and throw some custom ROM on it) until WP8 launches and then you can check out the new WP8 devices and see if one of those tickles your fancy.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wait for WP8. There's no reason to get a WP right now. Download Launcher 7 from the Play Store and use that for a bit if you need a little WP feel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon