US Omnia II Release Date?

jokerls240

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
It was rumored to be released on VZW last month, but that didn't happen. Samsung has a page dedicated to the Omnia 2, but only shows Verizon's logo and provides an option to sign up for email alerts. I'm getting antsy for release info, as well!

However, it seems that this site is biased towards HTC's devices. IMO, the Omnia (and successors) is much better than anything HTC has put on the market. 8GB internal storage, 5MP camera w/ flash (good luck finding a flash LED on some of the new HTC models), extremely thin design (the Touch Pro looks like a cinder block compared to the Omnia), larger screen than the Touch Diamond, etc. :cool:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
It was rumored to be released on VZW last month, but that didn't happen. Samsung has a page dedicated to the Omnia 2, but only shows Verizon's logo and provides an option to sign up for email alerts. I'm getting antsy for release info, as well!

However, it seems that this site is biased towards HTC's devices. IMO, the Omnia (and successors) is much better than anything HTC has put on the market. 8GB internal storage, 5MP camera w/ flash (good luck finding a flash LED on some of the new HTC models), extremely thin design (the Touch Pro looks like a cinder block compared to the Omnia), larger screen than the Touch Diamond, etc. :cool:

I will admit we have gotten a little excited about the TP2 coming out I will be glad when it doesn't dominate the news any more. To say this site is bias towards HTC I don't think that is fair we discuss all devices and the Omnia 2 wont get left out in the cold. Just as soon as there is news it will hit the front page. I have had HTC devices for a long time my problem is Sprint not HTC verses Samsung if Sprint would launch a Samsung Windows Mobile device like the Omnia 2 I would skip the TP2 and get one. I cant stand it I really prefer Samsung over HTC but I have to have WM. My wife has an Instinct s30 she loves its a nice device.

GloryUprising

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
but i NEEEDDDDDD a full keyboard.

I thought I'd be able to make due with the onscreen ones, but it's just not working for me.

to be fair, i have fat fingers and even my ipod touch has trouble registering my presses.

=x

circustravis

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Full keyboard is going to be a dealbreaker for me from now on. I went from a PPC-6700 to the Omnia, and I miss my old keyboard greatly. I've considered going back to the 6700 several times as it sits on the corner of my desk begging to be used.

Beaver_2

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
There is an omnia pro that is just like the onmina 2 but with a full slide out keyboard.
I realy was looking forward to the omnia 2 but by the time it comes out I'll be far more interested in the HTC HD2. Omnia 2 is coming to verizion on wm 6.1
Doesn't make ANY sense to me. And I hate desktop widgets, and 4 laggy homescreens.
I think the OMnia 2's hardware is great but samsung really needs to work on the software side if they want to compete with HTC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar