Comments disappearing at frontpage

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know where to post this but it's one for WPCentral admins I guess.

When I make a comment in the frontpage to an article and refresh the page. My comment is gone. I only can see it, when I make a new comment.

For now I make the new one, delete it and then I am able to edit the first one. Strange...

Just thought I point this out.

I'm using IE8, if that helps.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Moved to WPC forum. First can you try clearing cookies and login then try again let me know if that fixes the problem?

Thanks,
Dave

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
deleting cookies allone didn't help. Logging out, and deleting them helped.

But, now when I logged in, I can't comment anymore. It says I have to join. But to the right it says "Welcome Kibosh"...

So it's worse now. Tried deleting again but didn't helped.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the logging in doesn't let you comment issue too. If I clear my cookies and try several time the comment box will appear. It never usually works the first time which is annoying.

I've also got the comments not showing issue too. I just thought comments appeared delayed. I'd have them disappear and they'd sometimes come back when I revisited the post. I assumed others had this issue too because the comment count on the main page might show 4, but when I go to the story I'll see 2 comments.

IE9 here.

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Now you said something. When I made a comment, the counter got stuck. It showed for example 13 comments where there were actually 21. But all comments below my own didn't show.

Maybe something that can help in your quest against the wonderfull world of html. ;)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Good.... I was supposed to tell you guys the other day when it got fixed but I forgot to update this thread... Sorry! Post again if you have any more issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimcolCross