Paying for apps after changing your region to the United States.

debanjalisg

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys!!
Before installing the developers preview I paid for the apps that I purchased from the windows store through my debit card. But after changing my region to the US I wasn't able to use the same card for payments as it required a billing address of the US. After a failed attempt at searching the web for solutions I gave up and had to change my region back to India and then purchase the app since I did not have an alternative method for payment.
Although I have now changed my region back to the US for cortana will I have to do the same thing again in future when I have to purchase an app or is there a way around?

Last edited:

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Sadly I had to do this too. I guess there is no way to buy the apps from phone without being in you home region. Have you tried buying from windowsphone.com? For example if you are in India you can change The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States) the "en-us" in the link to "en-in" to make change it to Indian store (The Smartphone Reinvented around You | Windows Phone (India)) ?
Tell me how it goes. :)

what if i have a windows phone store gift card i got from bing rewards ? (IF i somehow manage to get it) it would be $3/$1.25 so would i be able to use it while I'm in India ? I really hope so ! I'm gonna give it another shot soon someday, last try failed when i ordered the gift card.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
what if i have a windows phone store gift card i got from bing rewards ? (IF i somehow manage to get it) it would be $3/$1.25 so would i be able to use it while I'm in India ? I really hope so ! I'm gonna give it another shot soon someday, last try failed when i ordered the gift card.

I also want to know this whether this works or not, because I am too collecting Bing points for $5 windows phone store card. If it works then its good for us 😉

If you try it then please tell me whether it works or not.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
You will have to put your banking info for every different region you change to. However, you will never need to put your info twice for the same region 😊

debanjalisg

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Sadly I had to do this too. I guess there is no way to buy the apps from phone without being in you home region. Have you tried buying from windowsphone.com? For example if you are in India you can change The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States) the "en-us" in the link to "en-in" to make change it to Indian store (The Smartphone Reinvented around You | Windows Phone (India)) ?
Tell me how it goes. :)

Thanks! Will give it a try!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon