Skype is not syncing contacts between my devices

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have W7 laptop, WP 8.1, and W10 tablet (1511 - 10586.104)

I'm having annoying problem with my phone contacts list. About 90% of them were visible in Skype. I didn't want them to be there and deleted all of them in Skype on W7. But when I open Skype on tablet or phone they are still there. If I open People app on phone and set to show Hotmail and Skype contacts almost all my phone contact are shown twice. Example "Home" and "Home" again. If I open them one will be from Hotmail and the other one from Skype (it previously was one contact in two, meaning linked Hotmail and Skype but I unlinked them to delete one from Skype)

How can I resolve this syncing issue? And how to stop my phone creating duplicates of contacts for Skype? The Home contact was just regular contact but my phone made duplicate of it for Skype and linked them both into one.

Hope I described my situation easy enough to understand

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is crappy. Seems to be a Windows and WP problem. Works on iOS. I gave up on it. They cannot even fix such easy issues.

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Epic fail. Skype.
I still can't gather how confirmed contacts are handled vs. all other contacts in some apps.
On an Android tablet, or with the x86 application, I can ask another person to confirm my contact.
How on W10 app? Where is the list of confirmed contacts? I do not want to have all contacts also be my Skype contacts per default.

I can't believe MS let the become what they are now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes