[WIP] Enabling Tethering on Verizon with WP8

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching to a Verizon Unlimited Plan in two weeks and I was wondering about tethering my plan without paying $60/month (I have two lines).

And, I've found a way to enable tethering without the plan, but I'm going to test it before I say anything else.

Just didn't want to have people feel like there's no hope-I'M 90% SURE THIS WILL WORK. :excited:

I'll be getting an 8X and an 822 for testing.

MR_2FNGRZ

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you found a way yet? I've found a thread that MIGHT help but I haven't tried it. I'm still on unlimited data so this would be EXTREMELY beneficial to people like me.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Verizon had to pay a $1.25 million fine to the FCC last August because "The Man" pimp-slapped Big Red and told them they couldn't block tethering apps. Just like airspace is doled out to the airlines by the FAA, spectrum is leased to mobile carriers. In other words, it ain't theirs to regulate.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The FCC said they can't block the app. That doesn't mean Verizon can't penalize you for breaking the TOS. I can't speak intelligently about the WP8 phone you wish to purchase but I do know that Android and webOS phones use yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com for data transmission.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss