Newbie here! C# and touch screen?!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I am a really stupid guy, but I really want to know how C# is coded for touch screens? I want to make my own games for Windows Phone and Android. I've been reading the whole subforum all day, and there's so much slang and jargon that I don't understand. How do I sign up for a free Dev account, and what tutorials should I begin with?

What is SDK8 and will it work when Windows Phone becomes 8.1?

<3

badplanet

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Most of the touch screen events are refered to as gesture events. You create an event handler for the gesture just lik you would do for a click event. When you add the control to the XAML it will even offer to create the event handler in the C# code behind for you. XAML controls have properties just like desktop controls.

WP SDK 8 is for Windows Phone 8 apps. There is a new SDK for WP8.1 which has been leaked but nothing official yet.

Good luck!

elviix

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
You'll be able to develop using free tools for Windows Phone 8 (using Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone), but you'll need Xamarin for Android to develop on C# for Android (and you'll need paid version to do anything useful).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99