Does anyone know a good xaml calendar control?

mateus0408

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I'm developing an Windows Universal App, and I really need a good calendar control to use in it. I've tried Syncfusion's sfCalendar, but my app size increased from < 1 Mb to nearly 77 Mb!

Telerik's UI for Windows Universal it's a little expensive ($599) for me either.

Do you know any other?

Thanks in advance.

NPadrutt

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
If you project gets this fat only because of the calender control there seems to be something wrong. Have you wrote to syncfusion about this?

Regards
NPadrutt

Manfred Pohler

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Syncfusion has a little problem with the toolbox.
If you drag an item from there it adds (almost?) every syncfusion control to your project.
The solution is to add the specific control "by hand".

telerik is much better when doing this
I use telerik and syncfusion - telerik because I use other controls of the suite and I'm a former telerik MVP - so I have experience with their products
Syncfusion because the offer a broader range of controls (for mobile / universal).

My tipp for syncfusion - create a "test project" - drag the calendar on a form and build it.
After that check the project file for references. Remove everything you don't need.
Try sometimes if it still works / builds.
Finally you'll end with "minimum references" - copy those to your "real" project and done.

Another way is to search for the assemblies - there are a lot - but you can guess from the name.
Add a reference to the specific assembly (assemblies) in your project and try to add (after add the correct xmlns) the control in source to your xaml (page / control / ...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3