Is it hard to convert silverlight apps to UWP?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
There is talk of Silverlight support ending at some point on win10m. But I see actually a great many formerly Silverlight games, in particular are now full UWPs that run on mobile and desktop.

Is it relatively easy already to convert Silverlight to UWP? Is it only easy for games? Or is there some reason why so many of those have been converted?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It's not trivial to convert Silverlight to UWP. Games may be more frequently done if they are using a game engine that provides a path to conversion or if they generate revenue which makes it worthwhile.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
It's not trivial to convert Silverlight to UWP. Games may be more frequently done if they are using a game engine that provides a path to conversion or if they generate revenue which makes it worthwhile.

Hmm, interesting. I guess that shows, given the fairly wide number of games converted, that their is some commercial motive for doing so, at least with games.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the gaming side of going from Silverlight to UWP, but on the app side, it's fairly simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett