best and worst?

pdanut2

Feb 10, 2007
Visit site
I am have Verizon. I want WM5. Can't get a 700wx, yet. So, I consider the Verizon xv6700. If you will, please answer the following questions as fully as possible. Thanks!

1) Can that antenna be shortened?
2) What about Program vs. Storage memory problems?
3) Call quality? Sound quality? (Don't use BT headset)
4) Upgrades, registry fixes, tweaks, etc. that are recommended.
5) Any review sites, forums, et al that might be helpful.
6) What is the best thing about the 6700? (other than wifi)
7) What is the worst thing about the 6700? (other than wifi)

That's more than enough for now. I hope at least five people might help me out. Thanks!:thumbsup:

:confused: :( After so many views can no one answer these questions? :eek: :(

Last edited:

tony bag o donuts

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
Trying to answer your questions.

First the 6800 will be out soon.
A lot thinner and lighter than the 6700.

1) Don't think antenna can be shortened. It also holds the stylus.
2) Everyone I know does not have storage issues. Heck some don't even use an SD card.
3) Sounds quality is a bit lacking in my opinion. Still good, but not great. On par with treos.
4) No help here.
5) howardforums, phonescoop.
6) bigger screen when in landscape mode
7) lower resolution, slide out keyboard

Better late than never!!

cff3net

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
verizon xv6700

Just got this phone because I wanted a pocket pc and phone in one. Seems to work well, just upgraded the rom so that the wifi and phone work together without a data plan. Use a 2 gb sd card with no problem and just read that the phone will see a 4 gb but it has to be non hc without a driver (which I found but have not loaded). I got mine off ebay for under a $100. xv6800 is newer and better but I wanted to try the older version before I forked over $ 300 to $ 400 for a phone. I like this phone but I like pocket pc's and this fills that need. Good luck.

cff3net

jimc1967

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
6700 and mini SDHC

Just installed the sdhc.cab driver and its reading the SDHC card just fine. I purchased 4GB miniSD cards without knowing there was a High Capacity version. My mistake, but easily solved. Google "sdhc.cab" and you'll find the driver to download. So far, it's working fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes