★★★★★ thoughts of a senior Microsoft and Windows Phone user and developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew120

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
★★★★★ thoughts of a senior Microsoft and Windows Phone user and developer

I just watched this video and other videos made by Windows Phone fans.

Jeremy off-air - YouTube

I am sorry, as a senior developer and user of Microsoft products and tools and Windows Phone 7 and 8, I do not see it funny at all.
It's very sad actually.
Windows Phone looks like a teckel puppy barking at a Rottweiler.

Some managers and executives in Microsoft should be fired for incompetence.
They are mocking each day at the passion and hard work of the tech people which created the product.
They also don't give a **** about consumers.

Someone should kick them out of the ivory tower and fantasy land they have been leaving in for the last 2 decades.

I mean think about:

As a developer:
1. - A Windows Phone developer license costs as much as one for iOS, it's 99$. Like on iOS it's yearly. On Android, it's 25$ one time license! You might think that this doesn't matter. It does. Especially when you are in the position where Microsoft is on the market.

2. It takes a WEEK or more sometimes for an app to get certified in the app store. Considering how small the Windows Phone market is, I hardly imagine this is justified.
Microsoft is playing like a small kid dressed up in father's outfit and mimicking smoking a cigar.
I am not saying it's good what happens on Android where there's no certification process involved, definitely not, but how the **** can it take as much or more than on iOS????

As a user:
3. - OS updates are coming VERY slow. Consumers do not care who's fault is, Microsoft should had chosen another path to handle this, period.

4. - Screw all the Windows Phone 7 device owners (the little market you have) by not running the SECOND version of the mobile OS. Until Windows Phone 7, we can all agree and say that Microsoft did not have a mobile operating system (Windows Mobile was a joke).
I know it was a chicken an egg situation with hardware and software, but still, this is an idiotic move. It should had been planned better.

5. - You let people talking and laughing about the lack of popular applications.
Instead of doing stupid developer contests with winners chosen by the # of votes, why not invest in writing top 30 apps from iOS and Android and make everyone shut their mouths?
Why let people mention about
the stupid Intagram missing from WindowsPhone?
Too proud to write the apps for these companies?
If you don't want to write it yourself, why not find ways to developers people to write it? Give incentives or something. You have a lot of channels and tools for that.

6. - A year goes by, and the next 'big' feature you come with is resizing 'tiles'. They shouldn't even mentioned it, really.

Really Microsoft? This is how you approach the mobile party?
You've been late, lazy and ignorant (remember Ballmer saying that NOBODY will buy a 500$ phone, the iPhone?) but yet you act like having 60% of the market when instead you have ten times less.
Microsoft is the stupid brat everyone is laughing about.

To Microsoft executives: After decades and with hundreds of thousands of dollars per month, plenty of stock options, a yacht or two, and expensive cars, it's hard to see or care about working and innovating. I completely understand that.
But can you please step aside and let space for the passionate people? Do this as a sign of respect for the industry, people, for the things you once believed in.

Microsoft is just a behemoth moving by a specific inertia.
I built my whole career on writing software on Windows but sometimes it's too tough to see so much stupidity.

One more thing. I recently wrote an app for a company
and gave them source code, for free. They already had the apps on iOS and Android.
The WP version is completely superior in both look and the way it works.
They don't give a **** about it.

Last edited:

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: thoughts of a senior Microsoft and Windows Phone user and developer

Yet the PC OS management is doing a great job, let's say the complete world is running Windows. (Except a couple of hipsters and geeks running Mac and Linux).
On the other hand, I totally agree on you with the 30 apps thing. Hire 100 developers, and the job is done IN A MONTH!11!1!!

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: ★★★★★ thoughts of a senior Microsoft and Windows Phone user and developer

I stopped reading when you said "Windows mobile" was a joke. Troll is troll.

andrew120

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I will try to make sure we're on the same page.
Windows Mobile is the predecessor of Windows Phone OS.
Maybe saying it was a joke was exaggerated.
It did had very good potential.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

we already have a thread where one can vent about WP8 which is here

this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics