10.0.14242.1001: lots of trouble

resle

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Briefly:

- Translator hangs as soon as I tap a language
- Extreme overheating, battery dies in less than 1.30 hours of mild usage
- Keyboard hangs on several apps, especially if I am using the Chinese keyboard. After hanging in one app, it hangs everywhere unless I kill the app, after which it recovers (after a while)

As you can imagine, I tried resetting the phone. Twice.
The pre-redstone build worked flawlessly.

Anyone else?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The slow ring maybe a better option with Redstone at present as the fast ring will have a lot of bugs.

So right now, you would need to use WDRT and upgrade back to redstone using the slow ring.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, yes, I know. I am not complaining :) I am merely asking if anyone else had the same problems

Wasn't implying you were complaining :) although I can see how you would have got that impression lol.

But yeah I agree, always best to pool feedback from users who have the same phone.

I suggested that as a solution which may work for you and others, as the nature of the insider builds not everyone will have the same experience :p.

Last edited:

resle

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Got it :)

I am willing to endure the issues, however - since we're talking about it ... I think there's a line between "preview" and "QA material". The insider builds have consistently been on par with the stuff that is passed to QA in a controlled environment.

DTPhoto

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Most apps are OK, but if I open messaging, it activates the hand-warmer feature and my battery pays the price. I've heard it's because it now pairs with Skype. This morning, I watched a few videos which were already saved on my phone and my fully-charged battery dropped to 50% within an hour.

I love the UI and improved experience...but might have to downgrade for longevity. Even when I can charge all night and leave it on the desk all day to charge, the weekend use has to be under "Battery Saver" mode.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Got it :)

I am willing to endure the issues, however - since we're talking about it ... I think there's a line between "preview" and "QA material". The insider builds have consistently been on par with the stuff that is passed to QA in a controlled environment.

They have the fast, slow and release preview rings for a reason :) (the latter being a recent addition). Right now Redstone is going through the stage where they add features and then later it will be refined as it gets feature locked - Same pattern occurred with TH1 and TH2.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Battery drain was laughable. I was on fast-ring so it's to be expected with betaware. I actually need the phone to use as production because I'm changing employers. So I just flashed back to Release Preview with the Microsoft Device Recovery Tool.

The last build I had on the phone was so stable that I forgot I was on the insiders program. When the current release is stable I'll upgrade, but for now I need a more usable phone.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
14342 before 1001 and 1003 ran ok.
these builds kill the battery in about 1.5 hours, as op stated.
Rolled back to 10586 builds for now.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What is the process of rolling back? Do you have to roll back to 8.1 then upgrade to 10?

This is terrible, if im using wireless charging it cant even keep up with the battery drain. and my phone has been hot for 2 days now.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
What is the process of rolling back? Do you have to roll back to 8.1 then upgrade to 10?

This is terrible, if im using wireless charging it cant even keep up with the battery drain. and my phone has been hot for 2 days now.
Use backup feature and make a recent backup for your phone.
Download and use the Windows Device Recovery Tool which will roll you back to 8.1
Install the Insiders App and sign up for Insider Preview Release build.

resle

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just received 1003: things got even worse. The phone is hot to the point where I can't keep it hand for more than a few seconds. Think of an hardboiled egg. Battery goes in less than one hour, whether I am using the phone or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sajjad1122