1020 Firmware Replacement without USB Connection

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Greetings fellow WP fans,

Been a while since I've been around these parts, but I find myself back here for some advice to hopefully remedy an interesting issue I've run into.

An old friend recently gifted me an Unlocked AT&T Lumia 1020, but there seems to be a small issue with it. Whenever you attempt to go to All Settings (or do anything really) the phone asks if you'd like to search the Store for an App to do whatever you're trying to do. Alas, there is no Store on the phone whatsoever.

I've tried a hard reset to no avail, and figured maybe using the Microsoft Device Recovery Tool would do the trick. Unfortunately, the USB port on both the phone and the case (the official Nokia case to make taking pics easier) seem to recognize on any computer, or with any USB cord.

Is there a way for me to get this phone functional again someway without having to get the USB port replaced? Since it was just a gifted phone I plan to use as a music player and camera I don't really want to spend any money but would love to get it functional so I can use that killer camera. It would go well with my old 920 which I've loaded up with Xbox games for my kids.

Any help is appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077