14322 is a nightmare|Worst fast Ring build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rican914

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
For me, both fast rings for the PC and mobile have been the worst so far. My computer keeps rebooting multiple times per day and my lumia 950xl has been unstable, no windows hello, apps that won't load or install. It's almost like no one at Microsoft checks these builds out before letting us use them. I understand there my be bugs when using fast rings but damn.... this build has more bugs than it fixes. So much so that I'm leaving fast ring and going to production mode. Enuff for now.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I was on the previous build and did a reset. I figured I wouldn't need to after upgrading to 14316. But apparently I did. Can't say it will fix your issues as it's different hardware, but it's worth a try since it worked for me.

Yea it's weird, I tried to last night and it wouldn't let me, said something went wrong and couldn't proceed to reset my device. I wanted to play more with casting my 950xl onto the surface 3 dammit!. Recovering back to 10586.218 worked, but don't have time to mess with it again on redstone for a couple weeks. Probably a new build by then too.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to agree with this, but then again what do you expect, Insider Preview builds are beta builds at best.

I've had multiple freezes, stalls. Apps crashing or not starting up. Just random issues. But that's every Insider build. Then today, another apps got stuck in Store update. It will not install nor uninstall. App has been removed, but cannot reinstall. It's stuck in Store app. Cannot clear Store cache to fix the issue. Doing in-place reset now (just re-installs latest Insider build, kinda like a refresh of latest build). As always, not restoring from backup. Clean slate every time.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Does the in place reset help fix anything or not?

Originally posted by midnightfrolic
I'll have to agree with this, but then again what do you expect, Insider Preview builds are beta builds at best.

I've had multiple freezes, stalls. Apps crashing or not starting up. Just random issues. But that's every Insider build. Then today, another apps got stuck in Store update. It will not install nor uninstall. App has been removed, but cannot reinstall. It's stuck in Store app. Cannot clear Store cache to fix the issue. Doing in-place reset now (just re-installs latest Insider build, kinda like a refresh of latest build). As always, not restoring from backup. Clean slate every time.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Does the in place reset help fix anything or not?

It usually does. Sometimes, I'd have to do it several times. Yeah....suxxxorz. But what ya gonna do, it's beta builds?

Side note: i create contacts and save them under my GMAIL account. So when I add my GMAIL email back into Outlook mobile, it syncs all my contacts again. Text auto sync back from my MS account. I have a habit of deleting all my text messages. I don't want any incriminating evidence stored in txts. :D

SETTINGS >SYSTEM>ABOUT>RESET

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I get it that the builds are beta, but after most insider builds over the last few months were improvements, it's disappointing when a build seems to take several steps backwards, especially on their highest end devices, which you would have thought would be the primary focus with Redstone.

The iris scanner issue was not in the list of known issues, so this build must have had almost no testing at all for this to have slipped through without being known about.

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This build is the first I have had major issues since starting on Insider with my 950: I have had lots of issues with lockups/reboots and apps not wanting to launch. That and my battery usage for messaging/skype is skyrocketing for some reason but not sure it is related. Hope they get this updated soon.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This thread is more about just how much more buggy this release is then every other fast ring release. If you don't like this thread don't read it. Yes I've reported all these issues to MS in multiple ways but that doesn't mean I can't post about it here to discuss with others their experiences and potential work arounds to the issues in this build.

This whole crap about "stop complaining" is ridiculous, I'm not complaining, I'm just making a discussion thread on a discussion forum about the latest build.

I see alot of this on these forums where some seem to get offended when people post about bugs or issues, it is ridiculous, ignore the threads if it bothers you that much that others are talking about issues.

Last edited:

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For me, both fast rings for the PC and mobile have been the worst so far. My computer keeps rebooting multiple times per day and my lumia 950xl has been unstable, no windows hello, apps that won't load or install. It's almost like no one at Microsoft checks these builds out before letting us use them. I understand there my be bugs when using fast rings but damn.... this build has more bugs than it fixes. So much so that I'm leaving fast ring and going to production mode. Enuff for now.

Yep that is the concerning thing I have 3 devices on fast ring. 2 Windows tablets and 1 phone and the latest fast ring builds on all of them are really buggy and in very similar ways.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
My L640LTE updated 2 days ago, and since that time didn't have even one crash, my battery is also much better now than the latest build (that was my major issue). Camera button on a lock screen- superb! Outlook mail- it looks like working a bit faster even...!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Add another bug to the list - Simple Calendar will not open at all, it tries for a few seconds then just goes back to the start screen. Re-installing it makes no difference except that you are able to open it just once when you first run it. Pinning the tile to the start screen still shows the upcoming appointments, but you have to use "Outlook Calendar" to edit or add new appointments as you can't do it with SC.

You can add the Opera web browser to the list of apps that won't open as well.

Last edited:

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading I can't open the OneDrive app, it just hangs then closes. Even after a hard reset this has to be the buggiest build yet, it's a pity as the last build was progressing really well.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd say about 50% of the apps on my phone launch and then crash back to the start screen after about 2 seconds. Ironcially this is also similar behaviour with my two Windows tablets on the fast ring.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I really like the mobile build. I had a problem with simple calendar and when uninstalled created the ghost app. Tweetium also does not work. Other than those 2 issues very nice build.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Yep worst fast rings releases ever on phone and PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)