14915.1000 resuming bug etc.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been running 14915.1000 on my unlocked 950XL dual SIM for a few days now and it seems that the resuming process has been broken. In prior builds one of the best apps when resuming was Candy Crush Jelly Saga. Very rarely did I ever start from the beginning. I usually picked up right where I left off. Now most of the time it starts over at the main screen. Worse yet sometimes it simply starts with a black screen and I need to terminate it and restart the app. I've noticed issues with other apps resuming poorly now as well.

What's really bad is that it seems the resuming bug is back. Quite a few times upon unlocking my device I see the word resuming on the screen and that is just for going to the main menu. I also get the same resuming display randomly going from app to app. This build is definitely a step backwards for me.

I'm just curious if others are having similar experiences.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
there's always the option of going back to a stable build or doing a factory reset :winktongue:

but before doing that, you've tried soft resetting and reinstalling the apps?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I know I can always reset. Reinstalling the app is not worth it in any case as the problem is in multiple apps and I keep running into more of them doing this. The biggest issue is the resuming message simply when unlocking the phone and going to the home screen. This is not an app problem. It is a build issue. I'm not too bothered as I know the risks of running the fast ring versions. I'm simply putting it out there to see if it is just me or if this is an issue for this build.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone has always had an app resuming issue. This can be seen most prominently when using Groove, where the Now Playing screen will crash back to the artist or albums screen upon reopening the app.

It's just something that hasn't been fixed yet, and it's admittedly one of the more annoying issues.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
That's true. Hopefully the fact that it is more broken than it was means they are actively working on that part of the code. I just hate seeing the resuming screen when simply unlocking my phone or going back to the main windows screen. It brings back memories of the early days of Windows 10 on my 1520 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen