1520.3 Rollback from 8.1, is it possible?

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ever since updating to 8.1 on my 1520.3, I'm having BT audio issues(audio skips when playing music over BT). I've seen a lot of others having the same issue. I've tried everything I can think of down to hard resetting with no difference.
So, I'd like to roll it back to the latest version (OS & firmware) before 8.1. Is this possible?

TIA

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First of all I would suggest using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool (make sure you use the usb cabled supplied with the phone as that is a factory cable) and if that doesn't work, you will need to flash a compatible Amber ROM via Nokia Care Suite. However if NCS is too complicated for you, I would suggest using LSRT:

1) Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\ [Your Phones RM Number For example: RM-821]
2) If there is folder with your RM number, take a note of it and either delete files inside the folder or move them into another folder created into other directory i.e desktop.
3) Place the new files into a folder with your Phones RM Number {if there is no file and you are not sure what your phones RM number is or need to find the product code, just run the recovery tool and it will tell you on the left handside)

I presume you have already searched the 1520 forum?

If so perhaps try XDA to see if anyone posted a compatible amber rom.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've used both programs you mentioned. Think I'm going to see if Navifirm+ has any of the older ROMs if XDA turns up empty.

Thanks for your reply!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No problem :), I don't think you will find it on navifirm the oldest most likely will be 8.1 + Cyan. However I could be wrong, good luck!

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, 8.1 CYAN will be fine, as I think it's DENIM that is causing the issue anyhow. And it's still on the Nokia/MS servers.

LSRT507.png

Downloading it now :smile:

Actually, NaviFirm has 7 versions of released ROMs for the 1520.3 CV

Navi938.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)