2 925's suddenly bricked: Lightning bold and small gear

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
This is beyond unreasonable. I've had nothing but problems with my 925's.

So this afternoon Phone 1 running latest official TMO 8.1 suddenly shows, after the word "Nokia" on the screen, a lightning bolt and a small gear next to it. I have no idea why, maybe it was spontaneously rebooting or something.

Then, Phone 2 started an update from 8.0 and the same thing happened! Both within ten minutes of each other.

Neither phone was recognized by the Nokia Software REcovery tool while in the frozen mode.

God, I love my 810. If TMO had only blessed it with WFC, I would never have wasted hundreds of dollars and hours of my time with these P.O.S 925's.

Both recovered with pressing the power and volume down buttons, but what the hell??

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
re:

I had this Lightning bolt and small single gear yesterday on my AT&T Lumia 920 running latest DP OS with Cyan firmware...It is the first time that I have had this issue...and have had no issues at all with my device for 2 yrs now..
Have no idea what Triggered it... But as you mentioned a soft reset-volume down and power button rectified it...Will keep a eye on this, but absolutely have been completely pleased with its performance/reliability...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos