2018-10 Update for Windows Version 1709 for ARM-Based Phone Devices

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I got lucky, I took out the SIM card (but connected via Wi-Fi), set the date and time manually. Let it sit for 10-30 minutes, then set it back to "Set date and time automatically", again let it sit 10-30 minutes then check for an update.

Only then the update came down. After it was installed I put the SIM back in.

I'll give that a try over the weekend when I have some time. Not going to hold my breath on it since nothing else has worked, but it certainly can't be any worse than what I've already tried.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I tried the above suggestion three or four times with no luck. Then out of frustration I did a hard reset of the phone and tried again. No joy, it still shows the date/time error. So I tried my last ditch attempt and fired up the WDRT and reset it all the way back to the stone age and tried updating it. Success!

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried the above suggestion three or four times with no luck. Then out of frustration I did a hard reset of the phone and tried again. No joy, it still shows the date/time error. So I tried my last ditch attempt and fired up the WDRT and reset it all the way back to the stone age and tried updating it. Success!
I would recommend the OTC Updater over WDRT. Not only will it revert to factory state it will update it accordingly without having to go through OTA updates.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ad%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D56726&token=QiGKxhIG

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend the OTC Updater over WDRT. Not only will it revert to factory state it will update it accordingly without having to go through OTA updates.

It wasn't too bad. There were only 3 total updates after the WDRT restore. I'm just happy that it finally got passed the date/time bug, even if it means having to reset my home screen layout. The 950XL is sitting in a drawer now as a backup to my Android daily driver. It'll still be my go-to device if I need to take great photos.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday afternoon on my Acer. I find it hilarious that your 950XL was released around the same time as a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus I have and yet that Samsung is stuck perpetually on a May 2017 security update. If a dead OS can still receive security updates why can't they all? I mean every single month like clockwork on Patch Tuesdays.

Unfortunately that is due to Samsung. Other Android manufacturers, such as OnePlus,Xiaomi or Google, are more frequent with their updates. It's great to see W10M beat Android at something for once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital