3x MS Band 2, 6x charging cords to good home

richlmsft

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
Greetings. I'm looking for a good home for 2x MS Band version 2 devices and 5 charging cords. I'm fairly certain that one band is a 'medium' and the other one a 'large'. Both were working at last use but have been reset, so without the MS Health app, which is long gone, normal humans can't get past setup.

I'm hoping to find a innovative technologist who can re-purpose these for continued use as anything. Perhaps someone has written an app to communicate with them to replace the now-discontinued MS Health app. I just hate throwing these into a landfill. Someone should be able to hack these such that they do something valuable.

I'm only looking to recover reasonable shipping costs.

EDITS: There were initially three bands but one went to misterpunn below, so now there are only two. I've updated the pictures and text but for the life of me I can't figure out how to edit the thread title, or even delete this whole thing.

Attachments

• MSBand_2.jpg
    MSBand_2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • MSBand_1.jpg
    MSBand_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Are they "bricked" (meaning do they need to be set up with an account which is no longer possible) or are you able to use them for workout tracking and a sleep tracker and alarm, etc...?

My Band 2 is now entirely covered in Sugru due to constant band tears and I fear it's on its way out. For this current band, I have literally only worn it to track sleep which makes it so frustrating it's still tearing.

Anyway, your offer is very generous. As long as they no longer need to be set up with Microsoft Health, I'll take you up on it!

richlmsft

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
They are stuck in setup which requires you to connect to the Microsoft phone band app, which is no longer available. From that standpoint I'd say yes, they are bricked because unless you can get past setup there's nothing I know that you can do with them.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss