4K duration

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Always best to have a few cameras anyway for important things like weddings. Perhaps you could arrange for a couple of people to video and you could edit a film of the whole ceremony with a few different angles.

I'd have a few backup batteries and some extra storage cards.

The Meddling Monk

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Assuming you are looking to record any event, no solo device is ever going to be enough (not enough good angles on the event, different reactions from people, etc). My recommendation is also to get someone else with another device to record the event as well so you can splice together later on.

As for the Lumia 950 XL, it can record for more than 30 minutes, I've already tested and said it can. You just can't be in a hot environment or lacking any type of extra cooling for the Lumia if you want to shoot continuously for more than 30 minutes consistently. Else the thermal protection will kick in and shut down the 4K recording to let the device cool down a bit.

If you really want to try and solo capture the wedding event, you'll need a grip or casing that can help dissipate heat as quickly as possible, currently I know of no such "extra" (accessory) that can be obtained at this time (other option is if there's lots of Air Con going on, that could in theory do the job in keeping the XL cool enough as well, but that'll depend on event location). You'll also need at least 128GB SD card storage, as 1 hour 4K alone is 23GB in size. And since you'll only have 2 hours of 4K per 100% charge on the battery, you'll need at least 3 battery's to go with you (1 in the device and 2 others to swap in, although I'd recommend 4 personally, 1 in device and 3 spare). And that's not exactly a cheap setup to do compared to getting others to help instead as suggested.

Jimmy Dean2

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Android has a built in hard limit of 4GB on video recording. No it is not related to FAT32 or archaic EU laws. It's a limit of android OS only. It happens to be about 30 minutes of 1080p 60fps uncompressed video that gives rise to these myths about fat32 or EU tariff nonsense. Turn down your quality to like 480p and even an android will record for hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124