624MB of other space

phstratton

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Under phone storage in settings its showing I have 624MB of "other" stuff on my phone, but when I hook it up to my computer all of the folders are empty. Is there a way to browse through the system or root files to see what that other stuff could be? Thanks!

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I've found in the past with my BB's that's been RAM used by formerly running apps. Unfortunately for my I'd have to reboot to reclaim that memory. Not sure if that's the case for you though.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
"Other" storage represents data that your phone and apps need to use for certain purposes, such as storing your text messages, emails, game save data, facebook cache, etc. The phone is supposed to automatically manage this space to keep it in a reasonable range (as long as your phone has GDR2)

If it's really a problem, clear out your text messages, don't download emails, and uninstall facebook (uninstalling an app should take it's related "Other" data with it) and you'll see the number drop, but only ever so slightly. To be honest with you, 684mb of other is a relatively low number. My 8GB phone seems like to keep around 1.3 gb of "Other" data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4