640 LTE (UK), Phone will not restart following update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi All,

Yesterday I updated my phone on the insider slow ring, ( I've been on the insider slow ring for a long time and updated the phone without any hassle whatsoever) I can only remember that the update reference ended in uup v2, I simply can't remember the rest of the reference, Following the update when I switch the phone on all I get is the Microsoft logo for 40 seconds or so and then it goes dead, I have heard you can re-flash from memory which I've tried without any luck, When I press volume up and power the flash and cog symbols appear on the screen but nothing else happens, I'm really mystified as the update process is virtually automatic requiring very little input form me, I'm a bit of a windows fanatic but this has me totally stumped, I just don't know what to do to get my phone working again, Could anyone please advise?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
MS accidentally released a build that was never meant for consumers.....

The current fix is to download the windows devices recovery tool and reset the device using that

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000