640XL will not update to Windows 10

nokialumia45

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I just got a new 640xl and it will not update, I have the Windows insider app and it says I am eligible and will notify me when the update is made available from my carrier...AT&T

I have had two 640's and 920, 930 all update to Windows 10.

I am not so sure I want to update though, here are my reasons for keeping Windows 8.1. Nokia Here still works and I like that. Also Cortana has been a pain in my .... because it is so sensitive, half the time it starts up just by slipping phone in pocket, bugs me to no end.

I also like the eyeball on the Bing search, seems missing on Windows 10 even if you disable Cortana. The eye that lets you quickly scan QR codes.

So if I do actually upgrade to 10, what am I missing now because phone tells me no updates are available, this is the only phone in which they have not showed up.

Also does this mean giving up Here and a few other Lumia apps like mixradio?

TIA

Thanks for the reply, BTW I do have the upgrade advisor and am not able to but am happy sticking with 8.1 as noted, I will miss some axed apps.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new 640xl and it will not update, I have the Windows insider app and it says I am eligible and will notify me when the update is made available from my carrier...AT&T

AT&T has already rolled out and approved the windwos 10 update for lumia 640/XL , you should download upgrade advisor from the windows phone 8.1 store follow the onscreen commands and at last manually check for updates under phone settings as after finishing and approving the update under the ugrade advisor app it could take days until you finally see or get a notification for a pending update.

Honestly if you are having a smooth ride on windows phone 8.1 and with all the apps which are now unsupported and abandoned by developers i will suggest you not to upgrade to windows phone 10. You will miss those apps there , as you already mentioned here maps and mixradio will be axed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923