8.1 on 521 not so great!

deeznutz206

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Phone seriously lags when using the touchscreen and apps. Also now this phone randomly freezes (has happened 5 times now in the last 2 days) which requires a battery pull to fix since the whole screen is blank. :angry:

Anyone have the same problems?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a factory (hard) reset? I did it immediately after the update and our 521 works fine.

Perhaps coincidence, but when we first got the phone (8.0) it froze constantly until I removed the SD card. It's worked great since then.

Casey Marte

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Aer I did the update today, I can't download pic messages and I can't send pic messages! Very frustrating. I don't want to reset it, this phone is such a pain in the a$$ to set email/accounts up. My LG was so much better, never should have upgraded. Also, I can't get on the internet or check emails any more unless I'm home an on wifi. WTH

deeznutz206

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a factory (hard) reset? I did it immediately after the update and our 521 works fine.

Perhaps coincidence, but when we first got the phone (8.0) it froze constantly until I removed the SD card. It's worked great since then.

Yep, did a factory hard reset. Did not improve at all. It is now a paperweight collecting dust on my desk. Such a fail phone.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone under warrantee? If so, see about replacing it. This might be a hardware issue if a hard reset didn't fix it.

deeznutz206

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Is your phone under warrantee? If so, see about replacing it. This might be a hardware issue if a hard reset didn't fix it.

No, it is way past the warranty period. The reason why I called it a papereweight is that is just isn't worth using anymore to have to put up with the slow response and the random reboots. I mean it still works but not worth the headache.

This phone was basically to see if I liked the OS or not. I have always been a android user. There are too many apps missing on Windows that I just can't live without. I have a OnePlus and it is great.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Aer I did the update today, I can't download pic messages and I can't send pic messages! Very frustrating. I don't want to reset it, this phone is such a pain in the a$$ to set email/accounts up. My LG was so much better, never should have upgraded. Also, I can't get on the internet or check emails any more unless I'm home an on wifi. WTH
Maybe you just aren't cooperative with your phone. Phones have feelings OK.