8107 is a must!

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to 8107 and OMG! It is fast and fluid. My Arrive always had a little stutter when apps were loading and it drove me crazy. Well that is gone and the OS is as smooth as glass. I have been watching Lumia videos and I have to admit I was a little jealous because the OS was just more smooth. I thought it was the phone and I was considering switching to ATT. But after this upgrade it is like a new phone, I mean fast! It is the 1 year anniversary of my Arrive purchase and what a gift. You run the force update and walk away. Then you get a new phone!

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Super stoked for you. Happy everthing is working out. I still have my old Arrive and recently unlocked/flashed a DFT custom ROM w/all the updates. have you considered this? You also get the speed and the benefits of sideloading XAPs, homebrew, and reg edits ect?. Just a thought.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the update. I also have the Arrive and have been pleased with...its just the data speeds I get that's just a let down. Coupled with the lack of enthusiasm from Sprint on Windows Phone is the reason I'm switching to the Lumia 900. Did you follow the directions on wpcentral to force update your Arrive?

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to 8107 and OMG! It is fast and fluid. My Arrive always had a little stutter when apps were loading and it drove me crazy. Well that is gone and the OS is as smooth as glass. I have been watching Lumia videos and I have to admit I was a little jealous because the OS was just more smooth. I thought it was the phone and I was considering switching to ATT. But after this upgrade it is like a new phone, I mean fast! It is the 1 year anniversary of my Arrive purchase and what a gift. You run the force update and walk away. Then you get a new phone!
"itsall4tay" is your phone unlocked or did Sprint FINALLY release an update for the Arrive/

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I "force updated" my Arrive to 8107 and having issues with my phone now. I can't open up the phone dialer any longer. Reset my phone back to factory settings twice and still nothing. Anybody else having issues with this?

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i did. the language pack was saved in another folder for some reason. after restoring it back, i updated to 8107 again and everything seems to be working now.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I "force updated" my Arrive to 8107 and having issues with my phone now. I can't open up the phone dialer any longer. Reset my phone back to factory settings twice and still nothing. Anybody else having issues with this?
I had that happen as well after updating w/o language cabs. I restored from a backup and that fixed the dialer. re-updated to 8107 w/ just english language packs (may be a prob I've read but so far so good) and all is working great now.

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
what advantages does the 8107 update offer besides speedier app loading?

Do we get to set custom alert tones?
Are there separate volume controls for media, games, alerts, alarms???
IS there a decent week view in Calendar?
Can we zoom in on month view?
Can we rename picture and video files on the device?
Can we flick up to completely close an APP?
Can we open links from an email without having to download the entire newsletter/ email?
Do the emails we open automatically show links and pictures without having to download?
Can we choose from a color palette for our tiles?
Can we choose a background color other than black or white?

huh huh can we can we?

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Super stoked for you. Happy everthing is working out. I still have my old Arrive and recently unlocked/flashed a DFT custom ROM w/all the updates. have you considered this? You also get the speed and the benefits of sideloading XAPs, homebrew, and reg edits ect?. Just a thought.
I do not use a custom ROM but after the update I am thinking of going all in, lol.

Last edited:

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the update. I also have the Arrive and have been pleased with...its just the data speeds I get that's just a let down. Coupled with the lack of enthusiasm from Sprint on Windows Phone is the reason I'm switching to the Lumia 900. Did you follow the directions on wpcentral to force update your Arrive?
I would just freak out if the connectivity issues people always complain about are true and I have a killer deal on Sprint. I would pay extra but the risk... Also, no LTE in the future in my area any time soon.

usstuscon12

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Only thing is that if you force the update, HTC Apps are no longer available in the marketplace.

Edit: Did a hard reset and it was there

Last edited:

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I was curious.. if we force update to 8107 via the WPCentral article method, would it be possible to revert to 7720 should Sprint (miraculously) release an official update?

In short, can we revert to Mango from 8107 in order to properly update without issue to whatever update Sprint may release in the future?

That's the only question I have before I do a force update... thanks! :)

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I was curious.. if we force update to 8107 via the WPCentral article method, would it be possible to revert to 7720 should Sprint (miraculously) release an official update?

In short, can we revert to Mango from 8107 in order to properly update without issue to whatever update Sprint may release in the future?

That's the only question I have before I do a force update... thanks! :)
Part of the process involves making a backup. Easy to go back but there shouldn't be a reason. Sprint is not going to support a phone that is over a year old with updates.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Part of the process involves making a backup. Easy to go back but there shouldn't be a reason. Sprint is not going to support a phone that is over a year old with updates.
Thanks for validating what I thought... I have a strong feeling Sprint will never give us another update. Force updated last night and I haven't looked back!

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I forced the Update yesterday and it does feel it's fresh out of the box again. It"s faster & more smooth & slick, my only regret is not updating it myself sooner. Thanks for everyone on this topic for help & insight to help me "pull the trigger" so to speak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel