8GB micro-SD works, tried larger?

cotys

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
I bought an 8GB micro-sd for another phone. For grins I tried it in my Sprint Touch, to my surprise it worked fine. The Sprint and HTC sites said 4GB max. I upgraded to WM 6.1, guess that made the difference. Anyone tried anything larger? Maybe 16 or 32? I'm not a big music fan but listen to podcasts while traveling.

We have Fry's Electronics here. They have an 8GB micro-sd card, usb reader, sd converter, mini-sd converter all for 19.95 or for $40 in store. I ordered for in store pickup and got it for 19.95.

Thx
Coty

teckels

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded close to a year ago, but I just saw there there was an official release for going from WinMo 6 to 6.1. Below are the details including ability to read up to 16GB cards.

XV6900 Upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.1
An upgrade for the XV6900 from Windows Mobile 6 to Windows Mobile 6.1 is now available. New features include a much faster EVDO upgrade to Rev A and improved Internet Explorer web browser.

New Features:
• Upgraded OS to Windows Mobile 6.1
• Added EVDO Rev A capability
• Updated the MMS client to be compatible with WM 6.1
• Added Microsoft Remote Desktop Application
• Added capability to use VzNavigator application.
• Added capability to read micro SD card of up to 16GB memory.

teckels

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Holy S, I just looked at the date on there and no response, I think LLC and I are the only ones using this area right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66