920 battery after Lumia black

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been having major problems with my battery after Lumia black/gdr3 update. It was at 100%, even after a soft reset for calibration, and it was 95% after the update. In about one hour the battery was dead. Does anyone else have a problem similar to this?

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Not the same drain but it Drains faster after Black update on my Lumia 920. Before I could have it whole day, now I go to job in the morning with full battery, but sometimes at the evening, battery saver tells me that battery is nearly drained.
But there is one other thing that happens to me and I am searching on forums it I am the only one. Sometimes at evenings my Lumia 920 starts to refuse to send text messages or to call. Restart solves it but I do not know if someone is trying to call me, or send me a text, I only notice that first when I am trying to call or text someone. Anyone else with same problem. Did not happen Before Black update.

Rfuser

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine stays at 100 for 5 hours with 0.0 discharge without use and then drops to 95 with 3 to 6 discharge and hour and etc. Wtf?

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem 2 weeks ago. After a couple of hard reset/reformat and 2 weeks of battery calibration, my battery comes back to normal.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
No noticeable difference for mine. I have had severe battery drain in the past though, similar to what you described. I've always been able to fix it by temporarily disabling all background tasks, soft reset, and then re-enabling them one by one. I also found issues with Facebook Beta (December release) to be causing some battery drain so I temporarily switched to the non-beta but the latest beta seems to be fine.

mcalistri

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No noticeable difference for mine. I have had severe battery drain in the past though, similar to what you described. I've always been able to fix it by temporarily disabling all background tasks, soft reset, and then re-enabling them one by one. I also found issues with Facebook Beta (December release) to be causing some battery drain so I temporarily switched to the non-beta but the latest beta seems to be fine.

I want give your method a try. In addition I've disabled glance as being indicated among the bigger offender for battery consumption.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery has also turned into an unpredictable mess since the update.
One morning i woke up it was at 100% and by 10am with almost no usage it was at 37%.
Today, by noon with only about 30 minutes of phone calls it was down to about 20%.

I only have the nokia battery app, wellnezted and amazing weather in the backround apps.

I just did a soft reset about an hour ago, still charging but we will see if that fixes it.

This is a major screw up. People here are tech savvy and can get through issues like this, but if this is happening to the average person that only knows how to basically use a phone, that is a real problem.

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is what helped me a little bit.

1. Turn off Bluetooth, I noticed a significantly larger drain while not connected to anything on Black as opposed to Amber.
2. Uninstall App Folders.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine is the opposite (ATT 920). My battery seems to have gotten better. I usually charge nightly, but I didn't last night because I was still at 79%. Haven't charged the past day and a half.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I noticed my battery was draining faster after Black. I did a soft reset and now the battery is outstanding. Off the charger 20 hours ago with 85% and 1 day and 9 hours to go.

dfont

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem since the Black update, my battery life was excellent until I updated the phone. Nothing else was changed so definitively is the update (owned the phone ofr over a year). Used to last the whole day, now is 6-7 hours and is gone. Any news on this?

I have been having major problems with my battery after Lumia black/gdr3 update. It was at 100%, even after a soft reset for calibration, and it was 95% after the update. In about one hour the battery was dead. Does anyone else have a problem similar to this?

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
After my Nokia Lumia Black update on my Rogers NL920 I noticed inconsistent battery readings. So far it has happened twice. I take the phone off the charger and it reads 100% playing music with my headset plugged in for 45 mins, the batter reads 20%. So I close all the apps using the app switcher. After another 1hr, the battery meter reads 7%. I decide to play a battery intensive game for a few minutes, but there is not further loss of power, only the usually warning banner that says battery low etc. I eventually head to bed forgetting to plug in my phone for a nightly recharge. The next morning my phone is still on, but when I go to check my mail, the phone automatically shuts down due to insufficient charge.
NOW the STRANGE PART - I plug my 920 unto the charger and the phone immediately reboots. The battery meter reads 85 percent. WTF.
Happened twice in the last 4 days since I installed Lumia Black

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Black update is definitely sucking more juice out of my battery;

Before Black: 2% / Hour
After Black: 6% / Hour

Hopefully they'll fix this in the 8.1 update...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99