920 case

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Inspired by the 'Another 'I dropped my phone' thread' thread and the appalling hand eye co-ordination of my missus along with the impending thought that she is about to inherit my 920, can anyone recommend a good case which will help her protect the phone please?

Bear in mind that she has previously dropped her phone down the toilet, put it in the washing machine (for a wash cycle), dropped numerous other times which has resulted in cracked screens and other broken parts.

Also bear in mind that the phone is already a bit of a lump so we're looking for a case that will not only protect adequately but no add much bulk.

A waterproof bag with bubble wrap is not a practical solution :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

freshairr

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Good choice.

I'd do the same if I didn't DISlike flip cases so much. But I can't deny the practicality of it doubling as a wallet.

Last edited:

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Good choice.

I'd do the same if I didn't like flip cases so much. But I can't deny the practicality of it doubling as a wallet.

Ahh yes, she can lose the phone at the same time as losing her bank cards and cash :)

I'm not a fan of flip cases either but she has spoken and I have obeyed.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my wife this one and she dropped her phone several times and nothing happened to the phone itself:
Amazon.com: Incipio NK-136 Faxion Case for Nokia Lumia 920 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
My wife likes the fact that it doesn't look "plain" and has an "artsy" look to it. It nicely protects the front of the phone when putting it down flat.

I myself rarely use the one that metalchick suggests above (Dual Pro) - also an Incipio case. That is a little bulkier than the Faxion case and should handle even more. I changed the original black L920 case with a yellow one and use my phone mostly without an extra protection. Once the case is too scratched up or has dents I will just replace that again.

loveleo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

iggyinpa

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I now have the Incipio Dual Pro after having one of the Speck's. The back of the speck got scratched up very easily after just a week or two, a small part of plastic on the bottom by the speakers broke in three places after a week, and the buttons are hard to push. Get the Incipio, you won't be disappointed.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Some of the cases are very nice and if she has any problems with the one she has ordered from Amazon, it looks like we will be covered for adequate alternatives.

In other news, I flashed the 920 with country variant firmware today and I'm currently in the process of installing any apps and games that she likes. Just need to get her mini-SIM converted to micro at some point tomorrow and she'll be good to go!

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I had a Speck line and it is not enough protection to prevent the glass from breaking

For my second phone, I got an Otter box -- ugly yes! Protects the phone yep! My 5yr old decide to climb the table and when she slipped she grabbed the phone and it went face done on the tile phone. My heart stopped. (no I did not yell), phone it fine, zero issues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66