920 or 820

bensun6

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone favouring 820 over 920?:straight:

considering the performance will be identical
storage will be the same (with cheap SD card expansion on the 820)
Form factor is personal preference (which i think 4.5 is slightly large)

820 would be ~150 cheaper
you get uglier screen, but if it's comparable to the original 800 there's nothing wrong with that
you get weaker camera, but again original 800's was just fine

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
i dont know how much uglier and how much less powerful, but it seems like a very viable cheaper option. My problem is what is you did what a good screen, but smaller phone? Then you have a hard decision to make. lol. I don't see why companies wont make the same exact phone but in different sizes.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone favouring 820 over 920?:straight:

considering the performance will be identical
storage will be the same (with cheap SD card expansion on the 820)
Form factor is personal preference (which i think 4.5 is slightly large)

820 would be ~150 cheaper
you get uglier screen, but if it's comparable to the original 800 there's nothing wrong with that
you get weaker camera, but again original 800's was just fine
Might as well not upgrade then if it's not much different to 800.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Neither. I want something with a smaller screen. A successor to the Lumia 710, if you will.

I think this is where companies mess up. Not everyone wants a huge screen. Had a coworker say DAMN THATS A HUGE PHONE when I broke out my Lumia 900. It works for me...I have big hands and I watch alot of videos. Man, I swear some companies are simply not in touch with the real world. I'm still getting my 920 though. I just wish they made something like a 720 for you my friend.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I think this is where companies mess up. Not everyone wants a huge screen. Had a coworker say DAMN THATS A HUGE PHONE when I broke out my Lumia 900. It works for me...I have big hands and I watch alot of videos. Man, I swear some companies are simply not in touch with the real world. I'm still getting my 920 though. I just wish they made something like a 720 for you my friend.

Thanks. Haha, yes the 900 is huge. Very huge to me. However, I do think it's a good thing to have the larger-screened Lumias. Folks like youself do like them, a lot! But there are certainly folks out there like me who wish to have a smaller screen. I have had a larger screen before and I did find out I don't like it. So no one can accuse me of dismissing the large screen w/o trying them! Come on, Nokia, give us a 720.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
920 for me. I want the better camera, and expandable storage isn't important to me. But how do you know the 820 will be "$150 cheaper?" Do you have a link with pricing information?

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
The size of the Lumia 920 is my only thing i?m worried about. I like the size of my 800 but the screen is definitely to small. I would take the 820 without hesitation if it had the pureview technology and a highres display. But as it seems, the 920 will be my next phone.

Cheers,
Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion