920 vid with VelocityClip chestmount. SS and Rigid torture test

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys here is a test video with my 920 on some local MTB trails. I am using a VelocityClip chest mount.
I have no suspension fork so this really shows off the OIS quite well.
I'm still dialing in the mount setup but I am very happy with the results.

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Im pretty happy with it since it decent with the phone still bouncing quite a bit in the chest mount. The 920 is a pretty heavy phone and I have had to try a few different methods of setting up the chestmount. I have it upside down right now to keep the weight of the phone in the center of the mount. I tried it on my helmet but didnt even hit the trails it feels like there is 2 pounds hanging off my head.

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ill be posting more vids after more testing. The knocking or rattling sound was driving me nuts but I found the culprit. The battery is loose inside the phone or got knocked loose after a couple drops. I followed this video to open it up:

Worked perfectly though my phone is a little different internally, mostly the headphone jack does not come out with the board it stays on the case.

Anyways used some electrical tape on the black (top and bottom) edges of the battery and no more bouncing battery!

Off to try it out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo