950XL wifi problems, keeps dropping connection to 5.0GHz network

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
ASUS RT-AC66U here,
Same problem with BOTH unlocked Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL with latest OTA updates.

5ghz completely unstable, 2.4ghz unstable when Bluetooth is on

Turn off Bluetooth and 2.4ghz works perfectly.

This phone has been out a while, quite a massive problem to remain unaddressed - with a popular router too.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Logically one would think it's a software issue, but if that was the case I'm afraid it would have been worked out by now. I wonder if this has something to do with the device's design/engineering, in terms of where the radios are positioned in relation to one another. Perhaps there's some interference being caused.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

5ghz completely unstable, 2.4ghz unstable when Bluetooth is on

Turn off Bluetooth and 2.4ghz works perfectly.

I keep BT on all the time. WiFi is totally stable on 2.4GHz. If 5GHz is not picked up automatically by 950XL, it will simply revert to 2.4GHz band. Interesting you are experiencing different results.

Z80_Man

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Ok, let's suppose there's a problem with only 5 GHz wifi.

Fine ! Then how the hell do you block the 5 GHz band ??? There's nothing about this in the phone settings.

And if it's about the channel the local router is broadcasting, how could you do anything if it's not yours anyway ?

Plus even if it is, I could find nothing about a 5 GHz channel in my routers settings, at both home and work (DrayTek 2820 and 2720) : the only available channels from 1 to 11 are broadcasting from 2412 MHz to 2462 MHz, meaning I'm only using the 2.4 GHz band, yet I still can't get wifi to work when BT is enabled.

So if it's because the phone is looking for a potential 5 GHz channel, how could we prevent it from doing so ?

Could someone help about this, please ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124