a green spot when taking a white background picture with L920.

Ali Essa1

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
hi guys how are you all?

I've a strange issue with my lumia 920 when i take a white background picture,it comes with a green spot in the middle!
i tried to change the white balance/ISO in camera settings and didn't help!also made a hard reset! :(
see this:

A_JvQU5CQAA1_9t.jpg

i didn't get the Portico Update (PR1.1) yet because my lumia is unbranded, so can anyone tell me how to solve this?
and can anyone have the Portico Update try to take a white background picture to see if the issute get solved or not?or maybe it's a hardware issue!

thank you all.
Regert
Ali

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Gotta ask the obvious... is something behind the sheet that could be darkening that area?

There's a white balance issue present giving the sheet a light pink color cast but could be something dark behind the sheet bleeding through.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Maybe slight vignetting where the center of the photo is brighter...

Is this showing up in pictures other than a white sheet or wall?

I can see it better on the sheet but it's not overwhelming with either photo.

Sameer Singh1

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
same issue here. Gave the handset for repairs. they tell me its a problem with all handsets (lumia 920). I will have them write that down formally and sign it so i can sue them later.

Sameer Singh1

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
it is actually a genuine problem. the sensor or the lense has some flaw. i was bugged to see this, especially when the camera was supposed to be awesome. though if you took those photos with flash on you wont see the green, which makes me think it was intentional for some flash light color compensation, but that would be silly because that causes all the non-flash photos to look green.

ilpala

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So is it a hardware problem? Cause i noticed it happens only when indoor, where white balance is terrible and i have to manually edit every photo to make it appear more natural... is the problem fixable, even by sending the phone to nokia?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander