A new firmware for lumia 920 in navifirm?

edtiu

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: L920 firmware 5957.1308

hi guys,

I am new here. L920 user for a week already and I am very happy with it. I just would like to ask if it is ok to flash a different country's firmware? I've read everything about flashing but unfortunately no one stated if it is ok to flash other country's firmware. I am from the Philippines and I would like to flash lets say Finland's firmware. Is that ok? Navifirm don't have Philippines 5957 firmware which is why I am asking if I can use other country's firmware.

If yes, what firmware should I choose?

Thanks a lot guys.

Jeremy Schee

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you guys should try this:
Nokia_Software_Updater_for_Retail_2.0.6.zip_
it is from a chinese website cloud but it actually works, I've tried it last night and it worked like charm :)
I know most people can't read chinese, so the "download" buttons is the one directly below the time "9:30", don't worry, everything in the file is in English, chills...
Remember to back everything up in your phone and try not to use the phone while it is updating because according to the instruction, your phone will brick if you do so.
Just wait patiently for 1++ GB to be downloaded and then update Extras+ Info "http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/210445-force-nokia-app-settings-updates-qr-code-links.html"
There you go, you now have the new "Storage Check" option!!
Enjoy!

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
hi guys,

I am new here. L920 user for a week already and I am very happy with it. I just would like to ask if it is ok to flash a different country's firmware? I've read everything about flashing but unfortunately no one stated if it is ok to flash other country's firmware. I am from the Philippines and I would like to flash lets say Finland's firmware. Is that ok? Navifirm don't have Philippines 5957 firmware which is why I am asking if I can use other country's firmware.

If yes, what firmware should I choose?

Thanks a lot guys.

EDIT: First, do a bunch of reading at XDA including the link below. ;)
Having said that, Flash with your own risk! ;)

Where do i get navfirm and how do i flash this?

[APP] Navifirm : Firmware Downloader - xda-developers

Last edited:

Crozone

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
At the risk of restarting this (dead?) thread, has anyone been able to get Navifirm working again? My phone updated to 1232.5957.1308.0002 FW officially which includes the new storage manager but nothing else seems to have changed (no saturation settings). My phone came from the United Arab Emirates (I think?) and is RM-821_im_mea1_317. I was looking to flash it to a European or Aus/NZ Red version, anyone have the firmware laying around for that by chance?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa