A new guide: Update to TH2 or Redstone

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Tbh ive never really restored a backup cause of liability to screw up the upgrade process from 8 to 10 but does it re-config the start menu too?

Yea I usually avoid restoring as well. But yes, I believe it does keep your start configuration. On my last restore it did, at least. Regardless of whether or not you restore, just make sure you take screenshots of your start screen and app list, and that you save the screenshot on your sd card or onedrive

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys - is there any way to get 'Glance Screen' working on our Ativ SE? I like how it works on my Lumia 830; on our Samsung phones, when I 'wake it up' to see the lock screen, if I don't touch anything, after about 3 seconds, the screen dims for just another second or two. Is there some way to keep this 'dimmed' lock screen alive?

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE:

Parts of the tutorial which are complete:
8.1.1 w/ basic elevated dev unlock
Hard Reset resulting in permanent 8.0/8.1 Interop/Cap unlock, modifications (I'll explain them in the tutorial when it's updated), phone already prepared to update to Win 10

Getting closer. Working with Gustave on testing Interop Tools for our phone (additional feature support for the SE is possible). Still waiting on a few other things before I'll be able to finish the basic tutorial.

Edit: My Ativ SE literally runs 14393.82 better than my Lumia Icon.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb