A quarter white circle (Top left of my screen)

xXAliCeXx

Feb 18, 2023
Visit site
Hi all

I'm using Windows 10 on an old Acer laptop and I have this odd looking quarter circle in the top left of my screen. Also everything is dimmed on my screen. I can't seem to interreact with it.

Here is a link to an image of the issue I'm having: https://ibb.co/st15WFq

edit: At the time of writing this I was copying and pasting from an information dump of my computer and while holding control the quarter circle disappeared and my screen brightness returned to normal. I still need to know what this is though. I'll do some digging.

PC info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name LAPTOP-GNEIMJNK
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model INVALID
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU LENOVO_BI_IDEAPADB0_BU_idea_FM_
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO B0CN97WW, 08/01/2016

This is a G50-80 (Model 80E5)

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi, don't you worry this problem is just because of drivers' compatibility and specially display driver. I suggest opening "Device Manager" and cross check all your system drivers.
Uninstall "Display driver" completely and restart your pc. Upon restart open "Check for Updates" Windows automatically detect best compatible driver for your system so let it install and then restart your computer. Hopefully your problem will be addressed.

If problem persists, then check the below link that will be helpful for you to manually download the specific Lenovo G50-80 drivers.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...lenovo-g-series-laptops/g50-80/80e5/downloads

I hope your problem will be resolved in case of any problem, I am there to help you out.

LovellyJubblies

Oct 21, 2023
Visit site
For me, I had come back to my computer, rattled a key (I must have used my CTRL button) before turning on my monitors and unlocked. Screen was dim and it showed the quarter circle top left. Turned out it's the WHERES MY MOUSE POINTER option, double click your CTRL button finds it. So that's it, just double hit your CTRL keyboard key!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers