Accuweather live tile not updating

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hell.
Out of the blue, my Accuweather live tile all of a sudden works again!

I got my true suburb back too; before, I lost my true suburb & it would only display the adjacent suburb nearby.

Also, my Accuweather finally works on my Lock Screen.

I think I had to enable my Location Services for all this to work, but I have switched off my location now, and it still seems to work.

Maybe the problem was from the Accuweather server end???

Last edited:

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Live tile is working again. It's pretty weird. No update still it repaired itself! I'm just glad it's working normally again.😃

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: I found the bug. ONLY LARGE live tile doesn't update. Medium and little do. Large tile shows day forecast only, I hope that's NOT a new feature, I don't like that at all!!!

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Me thinks problem was at Accuweather's server end.

The server must be responsible for updating both the live tiles & the lock screen.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Confirm: Live tile still not live updating. It updates one time only opening the app, then stop. Accu is allowed to run in background in settings

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, all of a sudden, the live tile & lock screen temperature is not synchronized with the actual temperature again.

However, at least the lock screen background picture & lock screen data still is available, unlike a few days ago.

Seems like an Accuweather server problem to me - after all, they send us the data & background pictures...

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Accuweather running beautifully now; both tile & lock screen.

Did not have update at all; it was all down to Accuweather server problem...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte