After all the experiences...would you stay or say goodbye?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
but still not enough to beat those that are in Play Store or App Store.

I remember thinking in that same way about Super NES vs Sega Genesis.

Just use what you like. What competition is it that these apps are getting "beat" in? Just use what works for you.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely staying. There's lots of reasons to leave whether it's the lack of some apps (I have all I need) or the boring start screen (I don't care for the cluttered tiles). But in the end, WP devices generally have better cameras, are better communication devices and since BlackBerry is the only physical kb in town, nothing beats the WP keyboard and word prediction.

Thats why i will always stay with a windows 7.8 phone, and microsoft. Hardware keyboard support( i hate touch screens), and i only use microsoft on my pc's(i have a surface pro) and gaming systems.

later

trainplane

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I take more of a zen approach to this issue. For today, I am perfectly happy with my WP. I have considered other options but right now my preference is to continue using WP with my 920 until it stops performing well or until the rollout of Windows 10, whichever occurs first. However, I don't really feel compelled to make a future commitment to WP or any other mobile OS. If I see a better option develop I'll react accordingly. I see a Geico commercial in there somewhere. "I'd like to make a lifelong commitment to my phone...but I can't. It's just a phone. It doesn't have a soul to which I can express my undying commitment..."

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Now that Android has Here maps (still not as good as Windows version and not as well integrated either), I might finally put my sim card on the Nexus 5 and make it my daily phone. But if MS introduces a compelling flagship phone in 2015, it's not that hard to switch back.

The problem for many people is that they become too reliant on their OS specific ecosystem (DRM'd content, iMessage, etc) and can't switch easily. Unfortunately for those folks, they are letting a company control them, whether they realize it or not.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Agree wholeheartedly with this. Now that Android has Here maps (still not as good as Windows version and not as well integrated either), I might finally put my sim card on the Nexus 5 and make it my daily phone. But if MS introduces a compelling flagship phone in 2015, it's not that hard to switch back.

The problem for many people is that they become too reliant on their OS specific ecosystem (DRM'd content, iMessage, etc) and can't switch easily. Unfortunately for those folks, they are letting a company control them, whether they realize it or not.

I think its not necessarily proprietary apps and services (which in case of MS don't even exist), but more likely the amount of money a user has invested in apps and/or games over the time, that would be lost when switching.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think its not necessarily proprietary apps and services (which in case of MS don't even exist), but more likely the amount of money a user has invested in apps and/or games over the time, that would be lost when switching.

And the uneven pricing across platforms and the need to buy back apps that those uneven price points.

Posting 1+1 Style!

concise_trite

May 31, 2014
Visit site
inferior apps feature and stability wise are: facebook, messenger, viber, office, skype, onedrive, bluetooth (vs. android), music, and so much more. These are mainstream apps for crying out loud!

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
At the current stage I switched already to my android device.i most probably use office,onedrive,Skype,email which are awesome on android and awful on Windows phone

GroundSpartan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I am still willing to put confidence in microsoft's windows phone OS. If Microsoft can implement Windows 10 on the PC and the Phone to a point where they go hand in hand perfectly then that will increase sales. They also have to make better quality phones higher end phones /Surface quality like, to better compete. I honestly do not see why microsoft does not make a surface phone, with a small flip out stand to watch movies and etc.

arkhale

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been with Windows Phone since day one (hello, HTC Surround). I have been through days of no copy/paste and multitasking and situations like apps more than 25 mb would refuse to download with my data connection. Those were the days. I have switched to android (Galaxy S3 and S4) and recently to iOS. The app selection on both are fantastic. However, I got bored after a few months.

Now I'm back with a Lumia 930 and genuinely felt at home. It's the simple things that makes me stay. The way my start screen feels alive, the awe my friends have when they see my tiles flip and show info right there and then. The smoothness of the animations and the way my son giggles when he asks silly questions to Cortana. It feels right at home.

If you adopted WP when 8.0 was launched and say there is no progress. Come on, I have been here since WP7 days and I can say the platform has come a long way. Sure, I admit it's a bit slow when we talk about getting games and apps. Or the usual rant that apps on iOS and android are much better which admittedly is true. Windows phone gets the job done, I guess that is what really matters.

So you can leave and trash windows phone all you want. But there are a people like me who will stay. Maybe because we see it the way it's supposed to be seen--not iOS, not Android, but Windows Phone.

concise_trite

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I have been with Windows Phone since day one (hello, HTC Surround). I have been through days of no copy/paste and multitasking and situations like apps more than 25 mb would refuse to download with my data connection. Those were the days. I have switched to android (Galaxy S3 and S4) and recently to iOS. The app selection on both are fantastic. However, I got bored after a few months.

Now I'm back with a Lumia 930 and genuinely felt at home. It's the simple things that makes me stay. The way my start screen feels alive, the awe my friends have when they see my tiles flip and show info right there and then. The smoothness of the animations and the way my son giggles when he asks silly questions to Cortana. It feels right at home.

If you adopted WP when 8.0 was launched and say there is no progress. Come on, I have been here since WP7 days and I can say the platform has come a long way. Sure, I admit it's a bit slow when we talk about getting games and apps. Or the usual rant that apps on iOS and android are much better which admittedly is true. Windows phone gets the job done, I guess that is what really matters.

So you can leave and trash windows phone all you want. But there are a people like me who will stay. Maybe because we see it the way it's supposed to be seen--not iOS, not Android, but Windows Phone.

Perfect example of delayed gratification.. this is normal though, even on other OS' but the question is for how long?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Properusbuy