Album art and the latest Xbox Music update

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow. That simple? I guess ill call in sick to work for the next three weeks so I can complete redo my library (that has worked with every device - including Zune - to date). Not giving you crap, but they have made a luxury a second job... And that is not why we got into this. The product was fine and they slowly have made it a chore to use.

People are trying to help you guys and you still complain. Typical, just typical.

anon(9022242)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Thought I would make a comment about a topic that was a big deal to me!

I experienced all the pain with xbox music since I jumped on board with Windows phone. I have found a solution that works! I not only wanted the album artwork. But, I also craved for all of the artist information that xbox music provides. I started the same way as everyone else. Album artwork occasionally showed up when I synced with my PC. I noticed that I had one band that would show the artwork & band bio (etc) every time I tried to sync?

The solution to get every album, and all of the xbox music band information to show up.

1. Media Monkey (I know, pain in the ***) Note: This can be a last resort if it doesn't read the meta data on the first attempt.
2. Sync with the Windows phone app (metro). Only syncing 1 band at a time. It seems to screw up when you try syncing multiple bands.
3. Now for the kicker... I'm not an xbox music subscriber. I added all of these bands to my "streaming collection" in the browser based xbox music. This will add their top 10 songs to your collection. I set xbox music to show all music (streaming included).
4. After the music is synced and showing up on the phone. I go back to settings and set to just show music on my sd card. Now when I click on a band, it still shows all of the album covers, artist bios, and bands that are suggested.

It's still best to use Media Monkey. Some people seem to make some crazy tags on music.

Hopefully this helps. It makes xbox music appear just as it does on my Windows 8.1 PC.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
People are trying to help you guys and you still complain. Typical, just typical.

You make excuse after excuse. Typical, typical. Me redoing my entire 3,000 song collection is not a solution. Whatever they had working in Zune, look at that and reimplement it...that would work 98% of the time. What division of Microsoft, does your excuse making *** work for?

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I understand why they took the player out of the OS but I have to say, it still needs so much work. I listen to music every day on my phone. It is bothersome but I'm not going to pitch a fit about it but it's a pretty sad that a player can't load album art properly.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
You make excuse after excuse. Typical, typical. Me redoing my entire 3,000 song collection is not a solution. Whatever they had working in Zune, look at that and reimplement it...that would work 98% of the time. What division of Microsoft, does your excuse making *** work for?

I only own 100 songs, you need to get out more.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
these are all things that have been suggested on this and other forums for over a year now and they are necessary and they do work. You can't load a bunch of garbled files into your phone and expect them to magically get sorted correctly. If you are waiting till now to do all that...well maybe you should adjust your expectations. I admit I have been pretty vocal about putting back the functions they took out when they removed the old Music Hub...but the working Live Tile has been the last piece I was waiting for and the app now works flawlessly for me...but my collection is all local files and stored on my computer and then synced to the phone.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
One question!

Why is XBM live tile only available for 8.1.1 devices? We had it working perfect on Windows Phone 8 and now its not available even for 8.1?

What does the 8.1.1 and 8.0 have that 8.1 has not to enable live tile?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
One question!

Why is XBM live tile only available for 8.1.1 devices? We had it working perfect on Windows Phone 8 and now its not available even for 8.1?

What does the 8.1.1 and 8.0 have that 8.1 has not to enable live tile?
The API to enable the live tile in the first place. In my opinion they should have just got the zune app and reworked the code for 8.1 and make it updatable. Everyone would have been happier but why does their music app have to suck.

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I'm one of the people who has not had any problems with Xbox music since the update before last, whether it's music from Xbox music or music synced with music bee/wmp/Windows phone app. I mean it's not perfect, but album art has been fine for me, artist pictures mostly work.

It started behaving after I cleared out my music folder and added my own music after downloading from Xbox music. There's a ton of 'fixes' out there. But in reality what needs to be fixed is the Xbox music team...

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had problems with any Microsoft metadata-handling service with the exception of Zune 4.8. Usually, Microsoft just messes it up enough so that I have to rebuild it to get it right. iTunes 11.1 or above with the Windows Phone app for desktop works just fine to sync my 928 in Windows 7.

I found out the hard way that with Xbox Music it's imperative that you embed your album art in your music. I loaded my collection without embedded album art into my 928 and I didn't see any art in Xbox Music. (I had converted it with the newest copy of Freemake Audio Converter, and it deleted all my album art). I fixed it by using MP3Tag to check every album and get everything perfect. I now have a Pictures folder with every album art I have albums for. I'm not touching it again. Backed up everything to my NAS just in case.

Use the Files app on the phone to delete music on your phone. It works better. Don't delete using Windows Explorer. Over time, it's more trouble than it's worth.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had problems with any Microsoft metadata-handling service with the exception of Zune 4.8. Usually, Microsoft just messes it up enough so that I have to rebuild it to get it right. iTunes 11.1 or above with the Windows Phone app for desktop works just fine to sync my 928 in Windows 7.

I found out the hard way that with Xbox Music it's imperative that you embed your album art in your music. I loaded my collection without embedded album art into my 928 and I didn't see any art in Xbox Music. (I had converted it with the newest copy of Freemake Audio Converter, and it deleted all my album art). I fixed it by using MP3Tag to check every album and get everything perfect. I now have a Pictures folder with every album art I have albums for. I'm not touching it again. Backed up everything to my NAS just in case.

The nice thing about the Xbox Music app for the PC is that it doesn't edit your MP3 tags. Not like WMP, I always hated WMP.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately for those running windows 7 on our desktops/laptops wmp is the only player we can use. There is an app for the phone but it is basically just a manual sync app with no player or autoplaylist ability.

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
In WP 8 all my album art showed correctly and the live tile worked flawlessly, so I can understand peoples frustration when MS with great fanfare bring back a live tile that does not function as expected. If my tagged music was good enough for WP8 then they should at least work on 8.1

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who can't even install the newest update. I've been trying different tricks for 3 days now and it still hangs up on install and gives me an error code 80073cf9. Anyone have any suggestions? I have no problems with the last update and the app still works great, I just can't get the latest update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb