Alcantara. NO or GO?

Sparro

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the new Surface Pro on launch day with the Cobalt Blue Alcantara type cover, and I not only love this device, I love the Alcantara type cover. Awesome piece of hardware and engineering.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I love the look of Alcantara with Surface line. I can see how some people won't be a fan, just like most things.
I got the platinum because my previous type cover is the teal one which is similar to the cobalt blue. I hope the new version will be a bit easier to maintain and clean thanks to the extra coating, but I'm gonna follow the official website's cleaning routine to make sure I can keep it clean as long as possible. Just like others mentioned, all keyboards get dirty over time, my oldest one is the royal blue SP3 cover and it has gotten quite dirty in 2 years of use. This one is the lightest colour of all so I hope it will do well, so far I'm loving the look and feel of it

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So far, so good with mine. I have the alcantara on the new ergo keyboard, and the cobalt blue Surface Pro type cover. It's easily preferable over the previous materials used on both items in terms of looks, comfort, and not feeling slippery when my wrists are on them.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I say go... unless proven on a mass scale after this device that it is terrible stuff I don't know who wouldn't want there laptop to fell less metal like? I think the majority try to keep an expensive device as well maintained as possible so I think it will be good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124