Alcatel Idol 4S - Cortana Settings - no go!!!

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Recently, Cortana stopped working on my phone.

Going into Cortana - then trying to hit settings - it just hangs. It locks up my phone, I have to turn it on and off.

Hey Cortana used to work, now it stopped. I am using the US region.

I have tried reboots and soft resets. Updated the OS...help?

It works on my HP Elite x3....

Or is it dead now on WP mobile?

Thanks,

Mr.V

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Recently, Cortana stopped working on my phone.

Going into Cortana - then trying to hit settings - it just hangs. It locks up my phone, I have to turn it on and off.

Hey Cortana used to work, now it stopped. I am using the US region.

I have tried reboots and soft resets. Updated the OS...help?

It works on my HP Elite x3....

Or is it dead now on WP mobile?

Thanks,

Mr.V

its still working on my L950 and my HP X3... but it sometimes stop working and I have to soft reboot my phone and then it starts working again... very rarely tho... and sometimes it works too good... like one time my boss mentioned Cortan as a joke and she came on LOL

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
its still working on my L950 and my HP X3... but it sometimes stop working and I have to soft reboot my phone and then it starts working again... very rarely tho... and sometimes it works too good... like one time my boss mentioned Cortan as a joke and she came on LOL

Cortana still works on my laptop, Hp Elite x3 still just hangs on my Idol 4s (which is an AWESOME phone)

Just puzzled why it doesn't work....

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Cortana still works on my laptop, Hp Elite x3 still just hangs on my Idol 4s (which is an AWESOME phone)

Just puzzled why it doesn't work....

probably an obvious question, but did you try un-installing Cortana then reboot and then re-installing? then set it up again... might work after that...

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks no - I did not know I could uninstall Cortana on WP.

But I did find the solution - the default language under the speech setting was defaulting to Canadian English. I set the Default to US English but it works...but now a new problem....
The default keeps changing back....odd, eh?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks no - I did not know I could uninstall Cortana on WP.

But I did find the solution - the default language under the speech setting was defaulting to Canadian English. I set the Default to US English but it works...but now a new problem....
The default keeps changing back....odd, eh?

you're right, you cannot un-install Cortana... don't know what I was thinking... lol but once you set her to default US English, you have to set the "phone" to US also in the "region" settings that should solve your problems... I have mine set to us anyways...

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
very odd about changing the default language -- haven't seen that on my Idol 4S. I do have an intermittant issue w/ being logged out of messaging (have to select "sign in"), so perhaps there's something along those lines w/ Cortana that is forcing those changes?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
you're right, you cannot un-install Cortana... don't know what I was thinking... lol but once you set her to default US English, you have to set the "phone" to US also in the "region" settings that should solve your problems... I have mine set to us anyways...

Yes, I did that. But what is not happening is the Speech setting is defaulting to Canada, even though I set it to default to the US.

Can I uninstall the Canadian language pack? There is only the Set To Default option.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I did that. But what is not happening is the Speech setting is defaulting to Canada, even though I set it to default to the US.

Can I uninstall the Canadian language pack? There is only the Set To Default option.

yes you can un-install the cdn lang pack

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo