Alcatel Idol 4S - only works on speaker phone

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My Alcatel Idol 4S - the phone, only works with speaker phone. I cannot hear anything when it is not used.

Any idea if this a setting or it is goosed?

thanks!

Mr. V

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Did it just suddenly happen, or did something lead up to the problem? I guess you HAVE tried simply rebooting the phone?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey Pkcable,

yes, I did! This really odd.

There is no setting to disable it, is there? So it only works with speaker phone?

Thanks for helping me out!

Mr. V

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Hey Pkcable,

yes, I did! This really odd.

There is no setting to disable it, is there? So it only works with speaker phone?

Thanks for helping me out!

Mr. V

My 950XL has just started having a similar problem where I put it on speaker and I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. Then I turn off speaker and they can hear me again. If I try speaker (on same call) then it sometimes works where we can hear each other. When I turn speaker off again, then they can't hear me and I have to put speaker back on. If I hang up and dial again, then all is good until I try to use speaker again. Not sure if that made sense, but I've just started having problems with speaker phone function as well.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Oh, and the flash light quick start icon sometimes disappears. This started several weeks ago. Soft reset brings it back most of the time. My MS news app stopped working today. I'm getting concerned the end is near.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
You are sort of making sense. How old is your phone?

If I can't figure this out - I sadly have to go Android...

thanks for chiming in!

My 950XL has just started having a similar problem where I put it on speaker and I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. Then I turn off speaker and they can hear me again. If I try speaker (on same call) then it sometimes works where we can hear each other. When I turn speaker off again, then they can't hear me and I have to put speaker back on. If I hang up and dial again, then all is good until I try to use speaker again. Not sure if that made sense, but I've just started having problems with speaker phone function as well.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
You are sort of making sense. How old is your phone?

If I can't figure this out - I sadly have to go Android...

thanks for chiming in!

Well, assuming it was actually new when purchased off ebay (seller listed as new). I guess just over 6 months. Currently, when I press speaker phone, I pretty much have to hang-up and call again because when I take it off speaker, most of the time caller still can't hear me. I don't think this is a hardware issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99