Alcatel Idol 4s - That camera button though

fpetro22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to completely disable the camera button (Boom Key) on the right side of the phone? Can it be removed? It is in the absolute worst place and is almost impossible to not hit at at some point throughout the day. You can't even pick the phone up without making sure you don't hit the button. I know there is an option for"prevent accidental camera launch when the device is locked", which is hit or miss, but that only applies to when the phone is locked.

Other than this i love the phone.

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't think there is an option to fully disable the camera button. That's a limitation with the operating system. You could probably find a way to do it by hacking the registry on the phone or something like that. But I don't think it's wise to mess around that much.

chief9262

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I've attached the settings that need to be changed in your camera setting. This will at least help when the lock screen is on to prevent accidental camera activation.

Does anyone know of a way to completely disable the camera button (Boom Key) on the right side of the phone? Can it be removed? It is in the absolute worst place and is almost impossible to not hit at at some point throughout the day. You can't even pick the phone up without making sure you don't hit the button. I know there is an option for"prevent accidental camera launch when the device is locked", which is hit or miss, but that only applies to when the phone is locked.

Other than this i love the phone.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20180117_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20180117_0002.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05