Bought Idol 4S for my Computer business.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I Bought a Alcatel 4s last year for my Computer business. Great phone except for the camera it Sucks in any kinda light worst camera ever, loved my Lumia 950 best camera besides my 1020 that was the best of all time.
But the sound on this phone (FANTASTIC) it rocks, it's the loudest phone I've ever owned.
Great phone with exception of the Crappy Camera.
If I rate this phone i would give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐ because of the Camera.
My personal phone is a Galaxy S8 because my 950 needed to be replaced and ATT didn't have anymore😢😭
Who wants a phone that needs anti virus software that can get hit, at least with my WP I can go to the dirtiest site and not worry about that.
Long live Win 10 Mobile best OS ever, people that had no clue that never tried it wouldn't no how stable and better it is compared to IOS and android combined.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I Bought a Alcatel 4s last year for my Computer business. Great phone except for the camera it Sucks in any kinda light worst camera ever, loved my Lumia 950 best camera besides my 1020 that was the best of all time.
But the sound on this phone (FANTASTIC) it rocks, it's the loudest phone I've ever owned.
If I rate this phone i would give it because of the Camera.
My personal phone is a Galaxy S8 because my 950 needed to be replaced and ATT didn't have anymore
Who wants a phone that needs anti virus software that can get hit, at least with my WP I can go to the dirtiest site and not worry about that.
Long live Win 10 Mobile best OS ever, people that had no clue that never tried it wouldn't no how stable and better it is compared to IOS and android combined.

I own an Idol 4s and an iPhone 7. I think you are exaggerating a bit.
First, I agree the camera blows. It’s the worst phone camera I’ve ever used.
Next, Windows 10 is not more stable than iOS or Android. They are all different and meet the expectations of different users. If you just want a phone to go to “dirty sites” then I don’t know what to say. It’s the user, not the software, that best determines the safety of a smartphone.
These kind of posts, I believe, are just kickback because Windows phone failed. Use what you want and be happy. Simple.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
If I rate this phone i would give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐ because of the Camera.
My personal phone is a Galaxy S8 because my 950 needed to be replaced and ATT didn't have anymore????????????

It's one thing to enjoy "YOUR" device but another to bash unjustly. Not saying the others are perfect yet they are no where near the monsters you are trying to make them out to be... I've used them all extensively for years and still do. And if one requires an antivirus and/or is inundated with viruses then I think they need to readjust their usage habits - I once frequented a questionable site too but then we remove M-I-C-R-O-S-O-F-T from our favourites :winktongue:

If I gave someone a WP today they'd say "cool", but after some use it'd be laughed out of the room because they'd be asking "where's the rest of it".

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Why do you guys care if he bashes or not? Or even unjustly...if that is what it is suppose to be. Who cares really!? I don't get it.
Sometimes folks on here are worse than Soccer fans ;). I usually just breeze on by. I guess at least you made sure to inform the poster how failed and incomplete Windows phone is as well...right?
I don't find this post exaggerated because it's their post not mine. I do not find it unjust because it does not matter really. I see a lot of this. We know Windows 10 Mobile is going down the drain, so what. Is funny how someone who seems to get a kick out IDOL 4s of all phones has to be greeted with repeated reflections of opposite opinions. I guess if iOS went down the drain too all the Windows fans would beat iOS users while they were down...it's weird we resort to these discussions honestly as they really mean so much to us at the time but are honestly nothing.

It is like if I went to Android Central and stared reminding posters of how many apps on the Play store they might unknowingly be using that have access to their microphone. Or reminding them why their devices security patch is from 3 or 6 months ago. Does it really matter? Maybe it does.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Why do you guys care if he bashes or not? Or even unjustly...if that is what it is suppose to be. Who cares really!? I don't get it.
Sometimes folks on here are worse than Soccer fans ;). I usually just breeze on by. I guess at least you made sure to inform the poster how failed and incomplete Windows phone is as well...right?
I don't find this post exaggerated because it's their post not mine. I do not find it unjust because it does not matter really. I see a lot of this. We know Windows 10 Mobile is going down the drain, so what. Is funny how someone who seems to get a kick out IDOL 4s of all phones has to be greeted with repeated reflections of opposite opinions. I guess if iOS went down the drain too all the Windows fans would beat iOS users while they were down...it's weird we resort to these discussions honestly as they really mean so much to us at the time but are honestly nothing.

It is like if I went to Android Central and stared reminding posters of how many apps on the Play store they might unknowingly be using that have access to their microphone. Or reminding them why their devices security patch is from 3 or 6 months ago. Does it really matter? Maybe it does.

So let me get this straight, if someone says they like Windows phone (perfectly fine) but also mocks other OS’s which others may use that is perfectly fine (many of us use multiple platforms so have real experience with them all).
If, on the other hand, someone wants to add their experience with an OS based on their perception it’s not allowed?
Got it, that makes perfect sense.
I’ve used every platform past and present, they all have their merits and faults. I still own an Idol 4s which I keep updated and play with on the weekends. I like this forum and want to keep up to date with where this whole mobile platform is going. It’s not like someone mocked your grandmother, it’s a plastic rectangle. Windows mobile failed (though is perfectly usable and acceptable for many), that’s a reality and can’t be defended by mocking Android or iOS. Blame Microsoft for that, not posters on a forum.
I think we should be able to have these conversations without taking it personal.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
You missed the point. Why should we need to have these types of conversations period is my point. Whether Win mobile iOS, Android, Greendroid whatever...

Just seems like a waste of time.

Guess I'm just venting because of many posts and discussions that are based this way. Nothing against you or anyone specific but it just seems odd and childish. Remember the line from Space balls? "I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now, let's see how well you can handle it."
I get reminded of this every time I see people trying to debate why what they use is better.

My intention is to not argue any matters of who's comment merits the right or not or whether they should be taken personal or not either. I don't take these types of posts personal. I should have just read them and kept on moving. It's your or anyone else's choice how one replies.

Well looking back I can say I'm contradicting my thoughts here. So yes at this point in time I did take it personal and I admit that. So now we all know what I mean. :)

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You missed the point. Why should we need to have these types of conversations period is my point. Whether Win mobile iOS, Android, Greendroid whatever...

Just seems like a waste of time.

Guess I'm just venting because of many posts and discussions that are based this way. Nothing against you or anyone specific but it just seems odd and childish. Remember the line from Space balls? "I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now, let's see how well you can handle it."
I get reminded of this every time I see people trying to debate why what they use is better.

My intention is to not argue any matters of who's comment merits the right or not or whether they should be taken personal or not either. I don't take these types of posts personal. I should have just read them and kept on moving. It's your anyone else's choice how one replies.

I think we talk about it because it is current news, right? People have questions and concerns. Why hide it? Please don’t say it’s “childish” because that’s the same as what you are condemning.
I think we are adult enough to discuss the current situation. Remember, this was caused by Microsoft not any poster.
It’s always enjoyable reading your posts and your take on MS. That’s why I’m here, to hear different viewpoints, not a one sided conversation.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think we talk about it because it is current news, right? People have questions and concerns. Why hide it? Please don’t say it’s “childish” because that’s the same as what you are condemning.
I think we are adult enough to discuss the current situation. Remember, this was caused by Microsoft not any poster.
It’s always enjoyable reading your posts and your take on MS. That’s why I’m here, to hear different viewpoints, not a one sided conversation.
Right. I get it.

3165dwayne

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever noticed how bad Android is at multitasking? I can't keep more than 2 apps in memory before it is kicked out. This is a phone with 4GB of RAM.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Have you ever noticed how bad Android is at multitasking? I can't keep more than 2 apps in memory before it is kicked out. This is a phone with 4GB of RAM.
It might be getting worse soon if it's related to memory management. The new unreleased Chrome will consume tons more memory. That will just add to the problem. It's still in development for Android and they can't release it for it yet due to resource contention issues. Each maker has the ability to code their Android OS install as they see fit. It could just be your device is poorly managing apps in memory based on how the maker lacks linux/Android OS coding skills.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans