Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Almost picked up the new Lumia 640 from WalMart here in Bloomindale , Il... Then realized Its only avail in white...eww back to my cyan 920

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
You can buy back plates for them quite easily and cheaply at that, it's not a big deal.
yeah i usually buy from ali express.. the replacement original back plates start at $5.80 with free shipping.
i ended up buying an aftermarket case that had (what i consider) a cool graphic for $1.17 (free shipping)
case.jpg

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the Blue and recently bought the black. The blue has the two tone color (edge versus back), which to me is great, but the black version is just too flat black and all one-tone. It's like a hockey puck. I really wish they had a two tone black that was charcoal for the main body and the edging was pure black all done in gloss. Just my opinion.

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
You could have easily went to a Microsoft store or online and ordered the color of your choosing

I checked and found no such thing. No one seems to have anything and there are tons of aftermarket replicas being sold. I chatted online with a msft store rep and according to them, those are all fake/aftermarket covers,they do not have the official ones yet

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I checked and found no such thing. No one seems to have anything and there are tons of aftermarket replicas being sold. I chatted online with a msft store rep and according to them, those are all fake/aftermarket covers,they do not have the official ones yet

Really I would think the Microsoft store or cricket or tmobile and any other carrier would sell the back covers for a phone that they are selling. I may stop by a Microsoft store today just to see for myself. Ill post back later what I find out

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand how Verizon can release the 735 with back covers instantly but this phone has been released on three different carriers but yet finding a back cover is a challenge, aside from the flip covers.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how Verizon can release the 735 with back covers instantly but this phone has been released on three different carriers but yet finding a back cover is a challenge, aside from the flip covers.

Well, the 735 has been out a bit longer than the 640 but I do agree that one would think there would be a few official back covers available by now.

karmainfinity

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that the Microsoft Store at the Mall of America here in Minnesota has 3 colors of OEM back covers. Black, cyan, and orange. On the shelf, ready for purchase for $19.99.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I only paid 19.99 for a wireless red back cover for my 820. You must get a free bowl of soup with the ones for the 640.LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12